Shut the Hell Up

The dark had always scared me. 

The way anything could sneak up behind you, grab you. All of this without you knowing it was too late and you had no other line of defense than whatever you may have had in your hands at the time. With my luck, it would have been something useless, like a water bottle, empty.

I had never thought about death extensively, but the minute I no longer felt my feet on solid ground and a strong grip holding my neck, it was really the only thing I was able to think about. I had always wanted to go out in a blaze of glory, but this certainly didn't seem like what I had been thinking up when I had said that. 

"You little dyke bitch." A gravelly voice spoke, his face only getting closer to my face with every word he spoke. 

Normally anyone who had dared called me that would have been met with at least a stern voice and a sarcastic reply, but I knew I wasn't currently in the best situation to be calling someone out for their choice in slurs, even though I certainly wanted to. 

"I'm going to fuck you so hard, it'll turn you straight." He let out a dry chuckle, laughing at whatever joke that was supposed to have been. 

The man's grip loosened as if he was going to try and throw me to the ground, but before he could, a loud screeching noise came from the side and a large figure rammed into the man. His grip on me made me lose my breath for a moment as he feel to the ground, my hero now on top. 

I stumbled from the impact and fell to my bottom with a soft thump as this person yelled obscenities at my soon to have been rapist, some of the words coming from her mouth just being curse words strung together and I had to say I was impressed with the combinations that she was able to make.

I sat dumbfounded at the scene, the man knocking the girl over, slamming her head once onto the paved concrete so she now looked what seemed to be motionless. 

"Fuck this." 

The man stood up again, grabbing something from the ground before running off down the street, probably to try and terrorize some other girl walking out of the local gay bar. I felt bad for whatever girl was unfortunate enough to have to deal with him tonight, but my mind didn't linger on it long as I remembered this girl who had just thrust herself into the situation.

Slowly, I stood up and walked over, seeing the outline of the girl, her eyes shut and blood dribbling from her mouth and down to her chin. 

"Well, shit." I reached back to try and find my phone, hoping to call an ambulance before she could die by this run down gas station, but I soon realized my purse was now missing. 

That son of a bitch. 

I had to look around, trying to think of something to do. My apartment wasn't too far down the street, maybe I could try to get her there? It was really the only plan I had. 

It probably would have been a better idea if I had actually used that gym membership I had bought at the beginning of the year, promising myself I would actually go this time. Damn new years resolutions, why couldn't I have trained for carrying a passed out girl down the street.

I grabbed her arms and pulled her up a bit, and leaned down, having to try to wrap her arms around myself. It would have worked if she hadn't been so limp and weigh so much more than I had expected resulting in me almost stumbling to the ground with her again. I regained myself and made sure she still had her wallet before beginning to try and hurriedly get her to my apartment.  

Maybe my roommate would be able to help. 

I had to carefully unlock the door, not concerned with any noise I made trying to get it. The neighbors had just gotten used to the noise coming from our apartment nightly and eventually had just stopped trying to complain since they knew any attempts were futile. 

The girl ended up just kind of getting tossed onto the bed, my arms too tired already to try and make sure she made it on the sofa safely. She was passed out anyways, she wouldn't feel it anyways. 

"Jenna!" I yelled, banging on the door to her room. She had told me she was going in for an early night, but that could have meant a thousand things knowing her. 

"God damn, what is it now? No wonder the neighbors hate us so much. " Jenna seethed, opening the door before I could bang on it one more time. 

"I need you to help me with this girl." I gave her a smile, knowing if I tried and acted desperate she would be more willing to help me. It helped I wasn't having to act much with it. 

She eyed me, looking at me like she thought she knew something I didn't. "If you brought a girl home to have a three-"

"No! No, this guy outside the bar was calling me a dyke and was about to rape me, but this girl came in and like flung herself at him and she passed out. He also stole my wallet." I looked at her again, knowing that story had sounded kind of insane, but she needed to trust me on this. I couldn't have made up a story like that even if I tried. 

She gave me a look to say that there was no way she believed that, and I couldn't say I blamed her, but without another word, I just grabbed her hand and pulled her into the living room so she could see for herself. 

The girl was still passed out, her arm half laying off of the couch so I half expected her to slip and fall off of it soon. She still looked like she was breathing which was good, but that didn't mean she was in the best condition. 

"Lynn! What the hell! What do you expect me to do?" Jenna yelled, turning and giving me a disgusted look. 

"I don't know! You took first aid, didn't you? Surely they taught you about situations like these." 

I walked over and kind of scooted the girl over on the couch again. She made a sort of snoring noise, resulting in me screaming and jumping back, hitting my arm on the coffee table behind me. 

"Well, at least we know she's alive."