Sweetheart, I owe you the world

I was lost in the moment. My stomach was churning, hurting almost, against my rapidly beating heart. It was hard to describe the feeling, I guess seeing someone you love after so long can do that to a person, I had read about this, but never felt it for myself.

The moment was interrupted by the chuckling of Alexa. Pulling back, I looked at her with a puzzled face, not sure what might have elicited this response in her. I was practically on cloud nine and... and she was laughing?

"Sorry, sorry! It's just... why are you in your pajamas?" Her face broke out into a smile as she looked me over, an entertained look in her eyes.

I was suddenly looking down at the carpeted floor, having forgotten that small detail. Coming down here had seemed so urgent to me and the simple idea of changing into something more appropriate seemed like too much for me.

"To be fair, I didn't think this building would be so... extravagant." With the last word, I spun in a circle to take in the full room. It seemed almost like a whole office building in itself. The blinds were pulled shut over a large window covering almost an entire wall, but the sunlight still broke through the near transparent fabric.

The office was something I never would have guessed Alexa would work in based on her personality. I guess when some girl outside of a gay bar rescues you and then you have to drag them back to your apartment you don't imagine an executive office being their place of work.

Alexa giggled and nodded. She put her hand on one of my shoulders, turning me around to face her. "Hey, how about we meet at your house when I get off work? We can watch a movie or something." Her voice was filled with excitement as she spoke causing me to nod eagerly without thinking much of it. Her voice seemed to have a sort of magic around it.

"Good. I have a meeting, but I'll see you around six, yeah?" She asked happily. I watched her walk out of the room and down the hall until she disappeared and I could no longer see her anymore. That was when the reality of the situation began to sink into my stomach.

Alexa was coming to my house. Granted, she had been there before, but this was different. Hungover and making breakfast in my kitchen totally does not count as truly coming over to my apartment because it looked as though a tornado had torn the place to pieces.

I rushed from the building to my apartment, thinking of the many things that needed to be cleaned or picked up or organized. The disinfecting alone was a week long job and god knows Jenna was going to be no help.

As soon as I slammed open the door of the apartment, Jenna looked up from the tv show reruns to look over at me. I'm sure I looked similar to a crazed animal practically foaming at the mouth, but how I looked was the least of my worries.

"Oh my god, why are we such... pigs!" I demanded, frantically grabbing blankets and clothes off of the floor along with wrappers and other trash strewn about the floor. I had no idea where I was going to possibly even put the array of items littering my arms resulting in me just dropping them on the floor again.

Jenna got up from the couch walking over to where I had gone on my knees to attempt to sort through the items. "What's gotten into you. Please don't tell me it's-"

"Alexa is coming over!" I yelled frantically, quickly swooping up the pile of trash I had made on the floor and throwing it into the closest trash can, but in my frantic hurry only dropped some of the contents in my hands. "I can't get anywhere in this house! This is madness." I complained, tangling my fingers into my hair in pure panic.

"Simmer down there, Lynn. I'm sure we can get this place cleaned up." Jenna reasoned, beginning to bend down to attempt to pick up a dirty clothes pile from the floor. "See? Some of the floor is already looking..." I saw her look to the ground at a spot on the carpet stained orange from I assume a bag of chips that must have spilled forever ago. "Well, it's not covered in trash anymore. I'm sure we can vacuum that." She assured.

Goodbye Moon »On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara