Chapter 2

MARK'S PERSPECTIVE

"This is your room." I tell Isabelle as I open the door to room #19. 

"Thanks." She tells me. 

"It's our pleasure." I tell her. I smile really big at her. She sure is pretty, like really pretty.

Uh oh. I think I'm staring. 

"Hey, so do you play? Soccer, I mean." I ask her.

"No not really. I basically suck at every sport ever invented." She tells me with a crooked smile.

"Oh, come on! You watched soccer and now you're part of the Inazuma family. You've got to at least know how to dribble!"

A thoughtful look crosses her face as if she was remembering something that had happened earlier, then she flinches.

"Nope, no dribbling for me." She tells me. "I'll just land on my face. Again and again and again..." She adds sheepishly.

"Okay then, after dinner why don't you come train with me? I could teach you." I tell her. 

I hope she says yes SO bad.

Her expression brightens "Totally! I'd love to learn from the legendary Mark Evans!" 

I smile "Okay, let's do this!" I say and we high-five.

Then Silvia appears in the doorway.

"Hi guys, it's time for dinner." She tells us. We then head downstairs to the cafeteria.

Isabelle sits at the table with the other girls, who are faster to invite her than me or any of the others on the team.

I sit down at my usual table with Axel, Jude, Shawn, Xavier, Nathan, and Austin.

"Hey guys." I say as I sit down to eat.

Jude smirks. "Did you have a good time with Isabelle." He asks.

A sour look crosses everyone at the tables's face except for Austin and Jude.

Then I realize that I'm not the only one going after Isabelle. Most of the team is, too.

"Yeah, actually I did." I say. They glare at me. "Oh come on guys! I only showed her to her room, nothing else." I say. I conveniently leave out the part about us training later.

"Yeah guys, cut him some slack." Hurley says as he walks past. 

Austin looks around the table. "Axel, since when are you interested in girls, anyway?" Austin asks. I'm not sure if I heard Austin right, but I think that there's a tone of jealousy in his voice. 

"Wait, Axel. You can't like her!" Nathan tells him.

"Why not?"He asks.

"Because girls can't help but fall for you! Isn't it obvious?" Jude tells him.

"No, they don't." He answers calmly.

"Dude, this morning a girl followed us around town and then asked you to marry her. Just, sayin'." Shawn tells him.

"Then I guess Isabelle will just have to be mine." He tells us. 

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Xavier tells him. They look at each other long and hard and then Xavier stands up. 

"AXEL BLAZE!" We hear a girl's voice scream from the open skylight above our heads. 

"Uh oh... Not again!" I say. Then a girl in some ninja getup swooshes down from the skylight and lands on our table.