Chapter 3

ISABELLE'S PERSPECTIVE

"What's wrong with them today? They're playing horribly!" Suzette exclaims in the middle of today's practice.

"You're right." Victoria agrees.

"Yeah, Mark's head is in the clouds, Axel seems too confused and hurt to play, and Austin hasn't said a word, let alone even tried to touch the ball! What's wrong with them?" Silvia rants.

"Something must have happened between Axel and Austin and Mark probably has something that he wants to get off his chest." I tell them.

Then Coach Travis blows his whistle, "Mark! Come here!" He tells him.

Mark jogs over, "Yes, coach?"

"Go over somewhere, ask Isabelle what you want to ask her and then concentrate on training." Coach Hillman tells him. 

Mark looks surprised, but he nods.

Me? What does he want to tell me?

I walk over to Mark and then Mark asks me "Um, Isabelle, I was wondering if, um, you, um, wanted to go catch a movie tonight?" He looks super nervous.

I'm fine with that. I mean, yeah, I like Axel more, but I do kinda like Mark.

"Yeah, sure!" I tell Mark. 

"Okay, so after practice?" He asks. 

"Yeah, okay!" I answer.

He smiles at me. I smile back and then we jog back over to the team.

Then practice resumes.

"Mark is a lot more concentrated now than he was before. What did he ask you?" Celia asks.

"He asked me out!" I tell them.

They smile. 

"Aww!" Suzette gushes.

Victoria seems like she's almost forcing a smile, but I'm not sure. Could she like Mark?

 "Now, what's going on with Axel and Austin? Axel keeps passing Austin the ball and Austin just walks away..." Camellia notices. 

Then the Coaches wave me over. "Hey, Isabelle, could you take Axel and Austin to this address?" They ask me, holding out a piece of paper that reads "2244 Railark Lane".

I nod.

"Axel! Austin! Come here, now!" Coach Travis yells, there's a tone of anger in his voice now.

Axel jogs over, but Austin just walks.

"I am very disappointed in you two..." Coach Hillman tells them.

"Look, I don't know what has happened between you two, but I'm sending you to a therapist and when you two get back you better have resolved your problems." Coach Travis tells them. "Soccer is a team sport so stop being selfish." He adds.

Austin and Axel have obviously realized that Coach Travis is being very serious. What could have happened?

"Isabelle, a cab is waiting for you guys in front of the dorm." Coach Hillman tells me. 

I nod and head to where the cab should be waiting. Axel and Austin follow close behind. No one says a word.

We get into the backseat of the cab and I give the driver the address.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing." Austin answers. He sounds annoyed. 

Axel just sits there guiltily.