Chapter 5

AUSTIN'S PERSPECTIVE

Today has been a pretty successful day.

I've made two new friends and I think that Axel and I are good as just friends.

I walk past room #19 and hear sobbing.

Wait, isn't this Isabelle's room?

I knock on the door. "Isabelle, are you okay? It's Austin." I say.

Friends comfort each other, right? I shouldn't know, I've never really had real friends before the Soccer Frontier...

"C, come in..." I hear her sob.

I open the door to find her room messy as ever. There are clothes scattered all over the ground, the mattress is falling off her bed, drawers are wide open and Isabelle sits right in the middle of it all, on the floor, crying.

I close the door behind me.

"Oh my god! Are you okay? What happened!?" I ask, sitting down next to her.

"It's n, nothing, I'm f, fine." She tells me, between a series of sobs.

"Isabelle, I know that something's up, now tell me." I plead. I can't stand seeing a friend of mine like this. 

"I, I lost... I lost the bracelet." She stutters.

I nod. "It's okay, we'll find it." I soothe her. "Besides, how important is it, I mean, it isn't magical or anything, right?" I add.

Then she starts crying even louder. "Th, that's the thing!" She tells me. 

I grab a tissue from an tissue box scattered across the floor and she wipes her face.

"You know what, forget I said anything." She tells me.

"Isabelle, you can tell me anything." I tell her.

She sighs. "Okay, but you can't tell anyone!" She tells me.

"I swear. Besides, we're friends now." I smile at her encouragingly.

She nods. 

"I'm not from this world." She tells me slowly.

"Wait, are you like Jordan? An alien?" I ask. I don't get what she's saying.

"No. Also, Jordan wasn't actually an alien. I'm from a world just like this, but everything is 3D." She tells me. "And we're not drawn anime-style. We're not drawn at all." she adds.

Wow, this is a lot for me to wrap my head around.

"Okay, but what does this have to do with the bracelet?" I ask her.

"The bracelet allows me to travel from your world to mine." She tells me. "And if I don't find it... I won't have anywhere to go after the Soccer Frontier." She adds and starts crying all over again.

I nod.

I have never been best friends with someone, but I guess best friends tell each other things like this and now, I think that Isabelle might actually be my best friend.

"Isabelle, look. I have never really had a best friend, but now, I think I do." I say, looking into her bright, teal eyes. 

She smiles and stops crying. 

"Austin, I think that you might also be my best friend." She tells me.

"Okay, well, with that aside, I just wanna say that if you still don't have anywhere to go after the Soccer Frontier, you can stay at my house and live with me." I tell her.