Chapter 9

ISABELLE'S PERSPECTIVE

I watch the fans pour over Axel until he is swallowed by the crowd.

All I can see is his expression. How hurt he looked. It kills me.

I take a deep breath and Xavier squeezes my shoulder.

I look at him. In the eyes.

He's Xavier. He's the one who I love, right?

Before I found the bracelet, the only person I ever thought about all day everyday was Axel Blaze.

Now, I'm tangled in so many emotions.

I love Axel, but I love Xavier.

Xavier loves me, but does Axel?

He sends off mixed signals, one second I know he has feelings for me, the next he doesn't even speak to me unless I speak to him first.

I wrap my arms around Xavier like I'm never gonna let go.

A second later security swoops in and has every fangirl leave and Axel heads upstairs.

I take one look as the door shuts and I see the leader glaring at me.

I suddenly feel scared and very vulnerable.

I take a deep breath and then head back to the table to eat.

XAVIER'S PERSPECTIVE

TWEET!

"Okay guys! Practice over! Go relax!" Silvia calls.

"The rest of the day is free time!" Suzette adds.

"I bet she can't wait to go see Eric." Scotty snickers.

"Poor Eric." Everyone else agrees and laughs.

Suzette doesn't like me or Jordan all that much, but she likes me and Isabelle together.

"Hey, Xavier?" Someone taps on my shoulder.

I turn around and there stands Jordan.

"Hey Jordan. What's up?" I smile.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out? Like train or something." He asks.

I smile and nod, "Sure."

With Isabelle sick I have nothing better to do anyway. Besides, Jordan is my best friend.

"I have a special place to train." He tells me, smiling.

"Where?"

"I looked it up and there's a ranch nearby. It's called Liocott Ranch, and I feel like training there will remind me of when we first met and help me become even stronger!" He smiles.

When we were being trained for the Alius Academy project, at first it was just me and the children from the orphanage, but at one point father started casting people for the other teams and had us start doing special training.

One day he took me and the other orphanage kids to a ranch to get stronger by riding the horses. That was the first time we met the other teams.

I remember that Jordan was always trying to be in character as Janus. He had us refer to him as Janus, he spoke like Janus, he gelled his hair up into a spike, he constantly spat out human sayings, etc. Some of the other kids thought that it was weird that Jordan was always in character. I didn't. That's how we became good friends, that day on the ranch.

I smile, "I'm surprised you still remember."

"Until I met you, I was always the loser drama geek. When I got cast as Janus, it was my big break! And look where I am now! I'm on Japan's national team!" He smiles. "That's why I have to keep working to get even stronger than Austin, than Axel, than you!" He winks, raw determination sparkles in his eyes.