Chapter 5- Barn House Party

I sit outside the school building, leaning against a tree and closed my eyes. Students walked past and looked over at me multiple times but I couldn't be bothered to pick a fight so just flipped them off.

I was meant to be in English but I really wasn't in the mood to face Cameron and urgh, Nelly. Teachers didn't even bother to come and find me, I was grateful for that.

I checked my phone for the time and I saw that I had a text from Nelly, we had had to exchange phone numbers to 'keep on top of the project' as she had put it.

"Where are you? Cameron isn't here either! I had to work on the project myself and guess what I can't if it's about you. Meet me at my dorm later." I sighed, putting my phone down and choosing to ignore her.

My phone vibrated again and this time it wasn't from Nelly.

"Hey, party down at the barn house next to the school. Get there at 8. Grace."

Grace was a girl in my Psychology class. Really nice girl actually, we'd become friends over the last few lessons. Going to a party wouldn't be bad, it would take my mind off everything. It would be like home, kind of.

**

By the time I had arrived at the party, it was already streaming with drunk teenagers either sprawled out across the lawn or spewing the entire contents of their stomach onto the patio leading up to the house.

I squeezed past the dancing bodies and entered the barn house, the temperature suddenly rising to a very hot, but bearable, heat and the smell of alcohol suddenly hit me like a brick. Not that I wasn't used to this.

"Hey!" Grace suddenly popped up out of nowhere. "You made it?" This came out more as a question than a statement.

"Yeah" I answered, confused. "Why wouldn't I have come?"

"Oh I don't know, anyway, let's dance." She dragged me into the centre of the room and started dancing.

After about 15 minutes of trying to enjoy myself, I was getting thirsty.

"I'm just going to go and get myself a drink, Grace." I turned around to see that she was keeping herself busy with a seemingly drunk guy, so I just left them in peace and went over to the drinks table.

"Hey sunshine, didn't expect to see you here." Yay, he's back!

I groaned quietly looking at him, a fake smile plastered to my face.

"Lovely to see you." I hurredly said, walking away quickly but he grabbed my arm holding me back.

"Wait, Mia, I'm sorry about last night. I don't know what came over me. Just seeing you sad. I don't know." Cameron confessed, seeming genuinely sorry.

Before I could answer, however, I was spun around and grasped into a massive bundle of hugs.

"Ca-n't bre-athe." I tried to splutter out,laughing, pushing myself away from the huggers, noticing that they were my best friends.

Harry and Beth were here.

"Oh Em Gee. How are you? Staying out of trouble? Why are you here? Made any new friends?" And Beth was off, bombarding me with questions and leaving me less than a second to reply.

Meanwhile, Harry was glaring at Cameron beside me and then he came up to me and whispered,

"Who is that guy? He doesn't look like he can be trusted, to me." I swatted Harry on the arm and hugged him.

By the time that I had let go of Harry, Cameron had disapeared. But I had no time to worry about him when my best friends were in town.

**

"So, you have to do a project with a geek and a popular guy on their past life? Well this could get interesting." Beth smirked and I returned it with a glare.

"Shut up, B." I said, looking around to see where Cameron was.

Why was I worrying about him?

Because he's important to you...

I excused myself from my friends who were on the speed lane to getting very, very, very drunk. I slipped through the sweaty bodies losing my balance, due to my tipsiness, but a strong pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist before I could hit the ground.

"Woahh, we need to stop meeting like this, cupcake." Cameron's words were slurred but audible.

I untangled myself from his arms and steadied myself. Brushing down my dress, I felt a pair of eyes boring into the back of my head.

I crossed my arms over my chest looking at him expectantly, tapping my foot. "What?" I demanded, more harsh than intended.

"Who were those people back there?"

"My friends from back home. Don't ask me how they got here, knowing them theyh probably stalked me."

That earned a little chuckle from Cameron. "Not your boyfriend then?"

I was a bit taken aback by this. "No, why would you think that?" I asked.

"Oh, no reason. Just you were getting a bit close with him, ya know."

I was getting irritated now. "No, I don't know. He's my friend am I not allowed to hug him?"

He probably noticed the raising tone in my voice because he took a step back, only a small step, though.

Clearing his throat, he changed the subject. "So, this project, you guys should come back to mine during the easter break. Seeing as you won't have anywhere else to go?"

I didn't, no. I was expecting to spend my break alone, on Netflix and coming up with excuses to why I hadn't done my assigned homework. Not going to spend the break at the guy I was supposed to hate's house and getting to know his family.

Who does that?

You.

Could this be okay? Could it be better than staying at this wierd school? Meh...

"Uh, yeah that would be cool. Thanks." I was still unsure of my desicion but hey, it might change the way I see England and then I could actually, finally, maybe enjoy myself?

"Good, because I have a suprise for you."

~~~~~∆~~~~~

Hello my lovely readers! Above is the dress that Mia wore to the party;)

Vote
Comment
Share

See you soon!