Chapter 13- Apologies & Promises

"Us." This was the only thing that came out of his pretty mouth.

I stared at him as the word processed in my mind. Even one word could take a long time to process....

"Us. Right..." I was slightly unsure what to say in this awkward situation.

"Yeah, we need to talk it out and i owe you an explanation and maybe at the end you could understand why you should apologise as well."

This caused my jaw to fall open.

"Me, freaking apologise to, to you?!" I exclaimed. Who did he think he was?

"Let me just explain. Please."

I waited for him to start again. And explain his 'situation'.

"Just to say, I never cheated on you, Mia. You have to believe me. Like, Grace was literally just jealous of us. I went up to her the day, you know, everything happened and she explained herself after a little convincing."

The guilt that flashed through his eyes was noticing. Maybe he did care more than I thought? But I still kept quiet.

"Okay, so to make it up to you, can I take you out of a sort of date as friends? Starbucks sound okay?"

I nod slightly and go to stand up. This time, he doesn't stop me. I turn around to look at him and he's just sitting there hanging his head down, fiddling with his fingers and tapping his feet.

To be honest, it's kind of cute.

**

About 2 hours later, I got a knock on my room door and in comes Cameron.

"You ready?" He said, cockily. Oh great, he was back to his old self....

"Yep, okay, let's go and talk about life?" I laughed a bit, trying to ease the tension that was slowly increasing.

We walked together to his car and I get in. As he turns his keys in the ignition, he turns to me and opens his mouth, then closes it then turns back to the steering wheel.

I'd never seen him like this, it was just so different and hilarious. I couldn't stop myself from giggling a bit. But when the giggles turned to laughs and the laughs turned to shrieks of laughter, it got completely out of control.

"What?" Cameron asked me, irritation threatening to enter his tone.

I managed to calm down a bit and replied,

"I don't even know, you're just so different when you're nervous and awkward."

His face twisted into a sort if grimace and he stole a glance at me before settling his eyes back onto the road.

"Who said I was nervous?" He teased, raising an eyebrow but his eyes still on the road ahead.

"First of all, you're not making up some rubbish pick up lines."

At this, he acted fake offended and brought his hand to his heart and gasped.

"How dare you, my poor ego. It's all right little ego, you'll be okay."

We suddenly pulled into a parking space and Cameron got out of the car without saying another word and rushed to my side of the car.

He opened my door and stood by the side of it bowing.

"Aw, what a gentleman," I joked. "Oh, or should I say, what a frog." I winked flirtatiously and strode towards the door of Starbucks leaving a stunned to silence Cameron to follow after me.

"Well played, princess. Well played." He muttered under his breath.

"Hm? Say anything, Frog?" I raised an eyebrow and joked.

But he just raised his arms up in surrender, "Oh, no no nothing. So what would you like, m'lady?"

"A peppermint mocha with whipped cream and chocolate chips please." I said without hesitation.

The woman took out orders and we sat down in a little corner of the room next to the window.

We sat in an awkward silence one again for a few moments while waiting for out drinks which finally came.

I sipped on my peppermint mocha while Cameron tapped his fingertips on the table thinking of something to say.

"20 questions." He stated.

Half way through a sip, I looked up at him in confusion.

"Let's treat it like we just met."

I shrugged and urged him to start.

"Okay, favourite colour?"

"Mint green."

"Cool, mine's blue. Okay, you've never talked about any siblings you have. So...?"

I froze, just sat there frozen to the spot.

My brother, my my brother. I couldn't say his name without my heart breaking all over again.

Before I knew what was happening, my eye sight was blurring and my guards were letting loose.

The bad girl was once again cracking.

"Princess, are you okay? Did I say anything wrong?"

I didn't reply, I couldn't. The memories were flooding back too fast.

My big brother lying in the hospital bed attached to the life support machine. Doctor's surrounding his pale, ghostly body.

Cancer's a bitch. Anyone would say that. He was fighter but it had just all been too much for his body.

A hand touched my arm and said some words that I couldn't even hear.

I was in my own world, my own memories. My own terrible memories of my journey with him from the start until the end.

We had been inseparable since I could remember. We had done everything together. He had been there through my first heartbreak and had sat with me with tubs of Ben and Jerry's with a line up of soppy movies. As cliché as that sounded.

No one could mention him without me reacting like this.

I had lost him. I had lost my own brother to cancer...

~~~~~∆~~~~~
Alohaa, sorry this is once again late, I'm terrible. I had my biology and chemistry today and yesterday... And I have to read Pride and Prejudice for monday and I have a business studies exam on tuesday...

Jeez, anyway, sorry this chapter was shorter and pretty uneventful but it'll get better.

I want to thank @reytonn so much for making me the most amazing cover for my book I love it.

I love you all, till the next time <3

PS. I will edit all chapters when I have finished the story.