Chapter 14- Troubling Past

After yesterday, I hadn't talked to anyone. I hadn't gone to any of my classes. I hadn't left my room. It turned out that the rumor of my 'moment' in Starbucks had gotten around. Don't ask me how, it just had. People simply thought I had been over reacting but they hadn't been there.

When I finally did emerge, very unwillingly, from my cuckoon and went downstairs to the cafeteria to get some food. No, I did not keep food in my room because, unlike others, I didn't have a wish for ants to infest my room.

Interupting my quest for food, a looming shadow walked infront of me, halting me. I looked up, frustrated, at the body revealing the principal of this hell. He also looked pretty frustrated and tired. Ah, great...

"Care to join me? I was just going to my office." He gestured towards the cafeteria door.

I looked up at him and took a deep breath before replying:

"You know, I'm good, but thank for the offer." I replied, turning to walk away but he touched my shoulder and spun me back around to face him.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I growled and he immediately removed him hand but still remained where he was.

"Office, now." And with that, he walked off with me with no other option but to follow him, trailing at his heels.

The door was opened for me and I stepped inside to see a large, long table with desks around it. And 2 of them were already filled. Filled with my parents.

I hadn't talked to them or contacted them for at least 2 months.... Woops.

They didn't even look mad or dissapointed the only emotion on that showed on their faces was sadness adn that's when I knew what this was all about, why would they come over 4000 miles to come and see me.

"Darling," My mother started, as I took a seat opposite my parents, "We understand that you've had a rough time settling in." I nodded in reply, I couldn't look at her. Not after everything.

But the next sentence that came out of her mouth, however, caused my eyes to shoot up and meet her own. As true as that statement was, I didn't want to hear it. That wasn't the first thing that you wanted to hear when you saw your parents for the first time in 2 months. I wasn't too sure what to say, to be honest, I didn't know whether the principal, sorry: head teacher had warned them about what had happened beuase I was more than sure that Cameron had told him about my little breakdown. He probably felt that he should 'come to my rescue' once again.

"Mr Smith called us a few nights ago telling us what had happened so far, you know an update." She looked unsurely at my father before continuing, "but then he called again last night to tell us what had happened with Cameron and..." she trailed off at this point.

4 years on and it was still hard for all of us to keep it together when the touchy subject came up, even for my family, who were pretty strong mentally.

"So, we thought to help with getting you back on track, we would take you back home. You'll be able to see Bethany and Harrison." She had always used their full names since we'd known them. It was sort of her thing and it made them closer to each other. "And we've organised it all and the flight is in two days. We think it'll be good for you, hon. We're staying in the 'Premier Inn' down the road and you're allowed off campus whenever you want, now to come and see us."

I was speechless. This couldn't be happening. Yes, maybe I was having a tough time fittng in with all my issues but at least I had Cameron. Wait what? Urgh, not again; stupid conscience.

"NO!" I shouted. Great, my temper was once again out of control. I stood up from my seat and leaned my palms on the table. "You can't control my life! I never chose to come here, okay. But did you ever stop to think about asking me before assuming that I was okay with your plans?"

"Mia, I-I we never thought you felt so strongly about this. We thought you wanted to come home..."

"Yeah, well times change, mother. I am happy here, I have people who care about me, I have people who hate me." I had calmed down a bit by now and my tone of voice was level. "But do you know what, I don't care about all those people who wish I was never here. I'm staying and you're going."

With that, I stormed out of the office and into the corridor just outside to cool off. My body slid down the wall as I pondered over what had jsut happened. I didn't stay long, but I stayed long enough to hear Mr Smith saying, "Just let her calm down a bit and then we can summon her back here to talk properly about it all. She's a teenager, she'll need some time."

My blood was boiling wildly and threatening to overload the brims. Everyone had just been making me so furious recently.

I stormed to the closest room there was and briefly looked inside to check if it was empty then, when I was sure it was, I shut the door.

A normal person would just sit and wait for their mood to pass, but being me, I just had to break something to get the pain out of my system.

I took the closest thing in my reach and chucked it against the wall.

And again. And again. And again.

After I had finished my little tantrum, I slid down the wall and lay my head in my hands.

Urgh, what was wrong with me? Why did I always end up in these messes?

~~~~~∆~~~~~

Alohaaaaa, long week:/

Anyway, THANK YOU FOR 5K!!!! I literally never thought my story would get this far.

Not much else to say, but please comment throughout so I know what you think.

Till the next time<3