Part 2

**2 Months Later**

I wake to hear Sky gagging. I get up and run to the bathroom to find her over the toilet. She had been getting sick every morning for the past week. I was starting to get worried. After she finishes, she gets up and her and I walk to the living room. She sits down and says, “Do we have any pregnancy tests around the house?” I look at her staring into space. Pregnancy tests? “Uh, I don't think so, why?” I say handing her a glass of water. “I-I think I'm pregnant.” I almost choke on my bite of toast I had. “Wh-What?” I say, completely astounded. “I've had morning sickness for the past week. That's a key sign, Alex. We need to get a test.” She says looking at me. “Alright. We'll go get one later today.” I say leaning back. My mind has went into major panic mode.

After we get back from the drug store, Sky and I go to the bathroom. She does her thing as I pace the bathroom. “Stop. You're making ME nervous.” She says laughing. I stop and lean on the sink. “Sorry. You know how my anxiety is, babe.” She laughs as she pulls her pants up and flushes. She hands me the test and washes her hands. “So, now what?” I say, setting the test down on the counter. “We wait until we get a result.” I nod and say, “What if it says positive?” “We make an appointment with the doctor. Even if it doesn't say positive, we still need to make an appointment.” She says. She is always able to ease the tension on any subject, but it almost never works with me. My anxiety disorder just makes it worse. 3 minutes sure does take forever when you're waiting. Finally, Sky picks it up and stares at the result. Her eyes grow big. That could either be good or bad. Shit! “Wh-What does it say?” I say looking at her. She smiles and says, “I'm pregnant!” She jumps and hugs me. She's pregnant? I'm going to be a dad? I can't believe it.

We walk to the kitchen. “I'm going to make an appointment to make sure.” Sky says grabbing a bottle of water. “Alright. I'm gonna go, uh, lay down for a little bit. Think about some stuff.” I say staring into space. “Okay honey.” She says kissing my cheek. I walk to the room and flop down on the bed. I pull out my phone and text Rian. I would text Jack, but the news would be spread worldwide before I sent the text. Rian is safer.

ME: How would you react if Cass told you she was preggos?

RIAN: I would be shocked, but happy. Why?

ME: Sky's preggos.

RIAN: She is? Since when?

ME: Idk. We will find out at the appointment. We bought a store test. Gonna go get reassured. What do I do?

RIAN: Stay calm man. It's good. Just take it easy until you get the final answer.

ME: Thanks man.

RIAN: Why did you text me?

ME:We all know how it would go with Jack, dude.

RIAN: Right.

ME: Later.

RIAN: Bye.

I put down my phone and turn on the TV, trying to drown out my thoughts of everything negative in the world.

**The Appointment**

I'm sitting in the waiting room with Sky for them to call us back. Rian came with us so I would have someone to fall back on. Everytime I saw a nurse come out of the door to call someone back, I got scared. Why was I scared? My girlfriend might very well be pregnant with my baby, and I'm not really ready to be a dad. I love children, don't get me wrong, but with the band just starting to take off, I can't afford getting tied into daddy business and messing up the band.

Finally, Sky and I get called back. Rian stays in the waiting room. We follow the nurse back to a little room. I hold Sky's hand and I guess I was squeezing a bit too tight because she put her hand on my bicep and says, “It's okay. Loosen up babe.” I loosen my grip and sit down in the little stool next to the bed. Sky sits down and the nurse pulls out a hospital gown. “Put this on please.” She says handing it to Sky. She walks out and closes the door. I turn my back to give Sky some privacy while she changes. “Okay. I'm done.” She says. I turn around. “Sky, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not ready to be a dad. I mean, with the band and everything just starting to take off, what if I'm not a good dad? What if I'm terrible and miss out on half of his or her life?” She looks at me and takes my hand. “Alex, it will be okay. We will work through it if it is. Don't worry.” She says reassuring me.

The doctor come in and says, “Well, I hear you two have suspicions of a baby. Is that correct?” We both shake our head. It was a female doctor. Sky was never good with male doctors. Not since she was a little girl when something happened on her physical, but that's a story for another day. She tells Sky to put her feet up on the footrest, and lean back. The doctor does her check of my girlfriends privates, then she sits back and says, “Everything seems to be normal, now I'm going to do an ultra sound. It's a deep x-ray of the stomach, but no dammaging rays. You can put your shirt back on if you feel more comfortable.” Sky nods her head and pulls her shirt on over her gown. She slips the gown down and leans back. The entire time, I'm hoping and praying that whatever the outcome is, I'll be okay.

The doctor puts this lube looking shit on Sky's stomach and then this remote looking thing. She moves it around and while looking at the screen, she smiles. Sky takes my hand and I stand up. I look over at the doctor and say, “Well? What is it?” She looks over at us and points to the screen. “You see that orb right there? You see the flutter? That's a heartbeat.” HEARTBEAT!? “Congratulations.” The doctor says looking a bit more, then turning off the machine. She wipes off the remote and cleans off Sky's stomach. “I'll give you some time to change, then I'll be back in to talk some more.” She says before leaving the room. I help Sky get dressed and fix her clothes.

When the doctor comes back in, I immediately say, “How far along is she?” The doctor smiles and says, “I'll say about 2 and a half months. Approximate due date of Mid March. It was official around early August-ish. Congratulations.” Sky is happy. She claps and cheers and talks to the doctor while I sit back. “I'm gonna step out for a little bit.” I say kissing Sky on the cheek. I can't believe I'll be a father in March!

SKY POV

Alex isn't himself. I thought he would be happy about me being pregnant. He always talks about babies when he has his neices and nephews over. I don't know what his problem is. I hope he'll loosen up soon.

“So, what should I expect for the next couple of months and when would I come back in for a check-up?” I ask the doctor who was looking through her paperwork. “We'll schedule you for you frist trimester next month, and nothing too major. Just take it easy and don't strain yourself.” She says handing me some papers. “Thank you. What should I do with him?” I ask, attempting to find a cure for Alex's shock. “He'll be fine. Mine was the same was.” We both joke around about our boyfriends.

“Hey man. What's the news?” Rian says getting up and walking over to me. “She's pregnant. 2 months.” I say staring into space. “That's awesome! We have to tell the guys.” he says hugging me and patting me on the back. “I'll wait on telling them until they get curious. Then I'll tell them.” I say. “Alright man.” He says. I pat him on the back and go back to the room.

“Hey.” I say walking into the room. The doctor hands Sky some papers and leaves. “We're ready to go home. Next appointment is November 13th.” She says smiling. I help her get up and we walk out to the waiting room. Rian follows us down to the car. We drop him off at his place and drive home. This was NOT how I pictured my halloween to turn out.