Rules Are Just A Suggestion Chp. 17

The car ride went by fast, too fast if ya ask me. Mr. Jameson and I laughed a lot, learned more about each other, and listened to the radio. When we pulled into the hotel parking lot, it was five thirty-three. Our first round was at seven. I grabbed my bag from the back and walked into the hotel.

     "What's my room number?" I asked.

     Mr. Jameson shrugged. "I don't know. You're rooming with Jordyn and Mia, I know that much."

     I groaned. I have never liked Mia. It's not that she did anything to me, exactly, it’s just that she seems like a snotty person and not to forget she danced with Mr. Jameson during our first practice. "Why would you room with me with her?"

     "Well, you could room with me." He started to walk towards me with a half-smile.

      I took a step back. "Hey, Ms. Conner."

     Mr. Jameson stopped in his tracks. His eyes growing wide as he heard her say. "Glad you two could make it. Practice is in the hotel auditorium."

     I was about to ask what room number I was in, but she continued as if reading my mind. "Jordyn will show you to your room after practice." She walked towards the elevators.

     I nodded and followed Mr. Jameson through the door that Ms. Conner had previously walked out of. I saw a stage and on that very stage was my lovely dance squad practicing. I walked down to the stage.

     Jordyn was the first to notice me. "Robyn! I thought you weren't coming."

     I laughed and walked up the four steps to the stage and said. "Surprise! You guys can't get rid of me that easily."

     Jordyn ran over to me and tackled me in a hug. I stumbled back, but caught my balance. Max came over gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and turned to the team. "Let’s practice."

~*~

     "Great practice, guys." Mr. Jameson said. "Let’s meet in front of the buses in half an hour. Go get changed into your outfits."

     I watched as everyone ran off to their rooms. Max noticed that I didn't follow. "Are you coming babe?"

     "You go ahead; I'll be there in a minute."

     He nodded and walked out of the auditorium. I bit my lip and fell to my knees. Clutching my stomach, I started panicking. Thoughts of me falling, tripping, or just plain messing up the dance routine, ran through my head. I looked up and saw Mr. Jameson at the front door entrance, watching me. He closed the door behind him and started walking back towards the stage.

     He sat next to me. "What's wrong?"

     I shook my head. "Nothing, I guess I'm just a little nervous, that's all."

     He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I brought my legs out from underneath me and ended up hugging them towards my chest. "Just take a deep breath."

     I looked up and noticed that he was just centimeters away from my face. "It's kind of hard to do that, when you're this close to me." I whispered barely audibly.

     Mr. Jameson gave me a smirk before closing the gap between us. His lips were like heaven. They were soft and full of compassion. He placed his hand on my hip and slowly moved it up under my shirt, as if he was being cautious. Before I knew what I was doing, I crawled on top of his lap and deepened the kiss. Both of his hands were fully under my top. He nibbled on my bottom lip softly. I let out a light moan as I parted my lips, granting him permission. The kiss was amazing, until he forcefully pushed me off of him. I landed with a thud on the floor.

     "Ok, ow!" I said as he quickly got up. "What the heck was that about?"

     He ran a hand over his head. "Sorry. Um... you should probably go get ready. Ya know find out what room you’re staying in and all. Yeah, well, I got to, ya know, go."

     He almost seemed nervous, but I got out of there as fast as possible because underneath all of the signs of nervous-ness, there was a hint of anger.

     I don't get it. Did I do something wrong? Am I that bad at kissing? Sure I'm not the experienced one, but I didn't know someone could be that bad. Maybe he's bipolar.