Chapter 3

My walk home was filled with thoughts running through my mind. I thought of what it would be like to live a life like Harry's; never having to worry about money. Liam barely made enough working at a gas station and the rest of the gang worked odd jobs here and there. I swung my purse strap across my body and shoved my hands into my short pockets making sure I had my blade. I decided to not go home and just walked around town for a bit. It was still early afternoon and I had a lot of time to spare so I walked into the arcade.

I sat there playing pac man and thinking about the gang. Liam was the only family in town I had left so he was overprotective of me. He was always making sure I was eating, going to school, getting good grades and most importantly, keeping me out of trouble. As the oldest of the gang at 22 I guess that made him the leader. He made sure everyone helped around the house and we were all always on good terms.

Louis technically didn't live with us but he was always at our house so you could say he did. He never graduated high school and dropped out four years ago at the age of seventeen. His parents didn't like having him home so he was mostly at our house. He was too nice of a guy for this world. He was always cracking jokes and easing the tension off of situations.

Zayn was a tough guy who also dropped out of high school. His parents were always yelling and fighting so I wasn't surprised when crashing on our couch everyday turned into just living with us. I couldn't imagine living in a house where everyone was violent and fighting all the time. I wondered if Zayn's parents missed him. I wondered if Zayn missed his parents. He never showed it so I never asked.

Niall was my favorite member of the gang. He got held back at school so we were in the same grade even though he was 19. I was always around him the most and considered him my best friend. He was the second loudest next to Louis. His folks were never home and he never went home and eventually just moved in with us.

Liam and I never minded the whole gang moving in because they were practically family to us. I looked around at the arcade and thought about all the kids in here. They were all like me. "Low class" is what most people would call us because we lived in a bad neighborhood and looked like "hoodlums". But most of us weren't bad people.

I left the arcade and started for the park. I sat on the swing and suddenly started to think about Harry and whether or not we could've been friends. He seemed nice but I shook the thought out of my head. He probably felt sorry for me and pity was the last thing I wanted. Rich people didn't associate with poor people. With all these thoughts I soon found myself drifting off to sleep.

I don't know how long I slept but I woke up with my head leaning against the swing set and saw the sky getting dark. I jumped up and started panicking. I had school tomorrow and Liam would kill me if I got home late. It was a 20 minute run and a thirty minute walk back to my house. It was starting to get cold and I regretted my poor outfit choice. I made a start for home and vaguely thought about how I could be jumped any minute.

My thoughts were interrupted when suddenly my purse was jerked from my shoulder. The guy cursed under his breath when he saw the strap was across my body. I jerked back but he wouldn't let go. He suddenly shoved me to the wall where my head collided with the brick and grabbed my shirt collar. He put his face up close to mine. He looked around 25 and smelled foul.

"Take my purse!" I started screaming. "Just take it!"

He didn't react but suddenly moved his hands to my throat and started squeezing. I realized this guy was gonna kill me so I frantically reached into my pocket for my switch. I tried shoving him away with one hand and fumbling with my other for my blade but I couldn't focus as I was dizzy and slowly losing air. Suddenly I saw out of the corner of my eyes a red car pull to the side.

The next thing I knew I was dropped to the ground and coughing for air. I saw the man who jumped me stumble backwards as a tall figure in a beanie advanced towards him. He was suddenly knocked to the ground as the figure punched him. The man clutched his face and I could see the blood pouring out. The man's face had a deep cut on it from the figures many rings. He got up and tried to punch the figure but the figure dodged and sent another punch making the man fall again.

"C'mon man I didn't mean it!" He yelled as he started crawling backwards.

The figure raised his voice, "Get out!" And with that the man ran.

"Jazz!" The figure screamed. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?"

I looked up into the green eyes of Harry but couldn't answer as I was rubbing my neck and heavily breathing for air.

He lifted me up by my arm. "Get in the car."

I was too dizzy to object and got in his car.

______

an: once the story gets more reads I'll update :)

Comment or vote if you want me to continue :)