Chapter 4

Harry opened the door to his car and helped me in making sure I didn't fall or hit my head again. He walked over to the other side of the car and got in. For a moment it was silent and all you could hear was my breathing trying to stay conscious as my head was still ringing from the blow. After a couple minutes my breathing returned to an almost normal pace and I turned to the left towards Harry. His hair was tucked into a green beanie and his eyes were focused in front of him. He turned towards me when he realized I had calmed down.

"He didn't hurt you too bad did he?" He calmly asked. When I slowly shook my head he asked again, "Where's your house?"

My head hurt too much to answer. Instead my gaze fixated on his lips. They were a beautiful shade that complimented the curvature. I looked up to his eyes and noticed how beautiful they were and how the green matched his beanie.

Suddenly his eyebrows furrowed and he waved his hand in front of my face. "Jazz? Where do you live?"

I let out a groan and whispered "I can't think right now. My head hurts."

"Are you okay? Please don't tell me you lost your memory."

I did remember where I lived; I just didn't want Harry to see. It was too embarrassing. I wouldn't have minded if I was middle classed but my house was embarrassingly run down looking.

"I'm just gonna walk home." I responded as I reached for the door handle.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm not gonna let you walk home alone after what just happened." He shot back.

"Why do you care?" I mumbled.

"Why not?"

I shot him a glare but he looked back at me with a dimpled smile.

I blushed at the sight of his dimples but sighed and told him my address and he started the car.

We were driving down the road and the silence in the car was bothering me so I decided to speak up. "What time is it?"

Harry whipped his arm up and glanced at his watch. "9:18."

Shit. I thought. Liam's gonna kill me! I promised Liam I'd be home at 7:30.

Harry glanced at me at the corner of his eyes. "Soooo..." He started, "are your parents gonna be mad? You seem worried."

"Nah. My parents aren't around. I live with my brother." I answered. "What are you still doing around here at this time anyway?"

He didn't answer me but then I looked down at the cup holder between us and saw some raffle tickets from the arcade I was at earlier. He couldn't have been following me, right? I brushed the idea out of my head.

Harry's pov

I didn't have an answer for her. How was I supposed to tell her I was following her? My mind raced for an answer but I paused when I saw her stare at the raffle tickets from the arcade I threw in the cup holder. Crap. I followed her into the arcade but got caught up in a game I was playing and didn't notice she left. I lost her and couldn't find her until now. Why was I even following her? Was I so worried about her walking around alone?

"I was visiting some friends," I finally responded.

She didn't look convinced at my answer but I pulled up to her house at that point. It was a one story house with dead grass in the front. The house was in need of a new paint job and everything overall just looked worn out and tired. I saw two men; one was probably her brother sitting on the front porch in a chair reading a book and a blonde one sitting opposite to him. I hoped he wasn't angry.

"Thanks for the ride home," she smiled and reached to open the door but I grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"I'll see you again, yeah?" That was a stupid thing to say. I didn't know what else to say. I don't know why but I didn't want her to leave yet.

"Yeah, we go to the same high school I think since there's only 1 in town," and then she smiled and got out of the car.

My thoughts lingered on that smile for a few seconds. She was cute and I wanted to get to know her more. I wished I was back at the diner and regretted leaving so quickly. We didn't talk much but I preferred this over any conversation I've ever had with the girls on my side of town. There was something about her that made me feel more relaxed and calm like I didn't have to pretend to be someone or prove anything to her. And with those thoughts on my mind I started my car up and headed home.