EPILOGUE

Hanako stood in front of the Intelligence Division building. She took a deep breath and then let it out. Ibiki had offered her a job, and in spite of being doubtful about taking it before, now she was certain. She walked in.

The halls were dark as she walked, no one seemed to be inside. Doors slammed open and a prisoner came through them. "Catch him!" a Chuunin dressed in gray clothes yelled from the other side. Stunned, Hanako approached the prisoner and kneed him on the stomach. The prisoner coughed and fell on the ground.

Hanako looked down at him. He was bleeding from several wounds, and trembling in fear. Steps approached and Hanako looked up to two Chuunin hurrying towards the prisoner with handcuffs. Ibiki was standing behind them, looking at Hanako with curious eyes.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

Hanako observed the prisoner being carried away by the Chuunin, back to his jail she supposed. "I have made a decision," she said, looking back at Ibiki.

The Jounin approached her and smiled. "I see. Is it too much if I ask you to start today?"

Hanako shook her head. "I'd like to."

"Good." Ibiki started walking down the hall, Hanako shadowing him closely. "Several prisoners were brought today by the Anbu," he said. "We have a lot of work to do."

Hanako nodded. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Right now?" Ibiki looked at her with a smirk. "Just watch and learn."

Hanako stood behind the glass. Ibiki was inside the room, sitting at a table with his hands laced in front of him. There was a prisoner in front of him, tied to a chair. "The boundaries between Kirigakure and Konohagakure are kind of shaky," Ibiki said, staring firmly at the prisoner. "May I ask why were you so close to the Fire Country?"

The prisoner remained silent.

"Are you sure you should be watching something like this?" An Anbu stood beside Hanako.

"Actually, Ibiki-sensei said I'm supposed to learn," Hanako replied. She looked at the Anbu from the tip of her eye. He was the one who approached her at the Memorial Stone during the Chuunin Exams. "What about you?"

The Anbu looked at her. "I'm the one who brought him in. I'm curious about what he has to say."

Hanako looked back inside. "I thought your mission was over once you handed him to us. Are you allowed to be here?"

"I could ask the same thing to you. Who are you?"

Hanako looked at him, meeting a black eye and a red one. "Hanako Uchiha," she said. "The new intern of the Intelligence Division."

His eyes gleamed with surprise. "Kakashi Hatake, Anbu Captain."

Hanako smirked and looked away. "We've met before, nearly a month ago during the Chuunin Exams."

"I see you did well." Kakashi looked back through the glass. "Why did Ibiki bring you here? You're so young."

"Must be my amazing talent," Hanako commented. "Or my undeniable prowess."

"Yeah, sure." Kakashi smiled slightly.

Hanako looked at the door at the moment Ibiki walked out. "Now that was easy," he commented with a sigh. "I didn't even mention the word 'torture' explicitly and he was already blurting everything." When Ibiki looked at Kakashi, his brows arched in curiosity. Then his eyes drifted to Hanako. "I see you've met each other."

"Is torturing people to get information all you guys do around here?" Hanako asked.

Ibiki laughed. "No, that's what I do." He smiled at her before crossing his arms over his chest. "Actually, most members gather intel outside the village."