CHAPTER TWELVE: Nominations for the Chunnin Exam

"Where could they be?" Shisui wondered out loud as he walked with Itachi. They were looking for Hanako and her team after finally gaining the approval of her teacher.

"Maybe they're training..." Itachi mentioned casually, making Shisui look at him seriously.

"Couldn't you have suggested that half an hour ago?" Shisui sighed. "Of course, Hanako loves training. You probably stalked her and figured that out." Itachi looked at him, about to defend himself. Then he remembered observing her training with his father, and shut his mouth.

Shisui was looking at him and laughed. "I can't believe you..." he muttered in between chuckles, shaking his head.

Itachi sighed, "It's not what you think..."

"Sure," Shisui looked at the sky and noticed a falcon hovering over their heads. He frowned. 'It's almost evening,' he thought. "Sorry, Itachi. I have to go." He disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Itachi looked beside him to find him gone. He sighed and continued his way, looking for Hanako.

Shisui arrived to his house and quickly changed his clothes. He carelessly took off the black yukata and put on his ninja vest. Then he hurried towards the Hokage mansion, it was almost time for the meeting to begin.

"Took you some time," a Jounin muttered to him once he noticed his arrival. "Where were you, Shisui-san?"

Shisui looked at him and smiled slightly. "I had some business to take care of," he replied as he entered the meeting room, followed by the other Jounin. They all arranged in line in front of the Hokage.

"Well, as you may already know, it's almost time for the Chunnin Exams. This year, Konoha will be the host for this round," announced the Third. "These exams -planned twice a year- serve as a way of unification among Shinobi of all countries and the measurement of the development of their ninja abilities. You have to be certain about the level of your Genin students before even thinking about signing them up to participate. Let alone the mention of the requirements, including the eight successfully completed missions." The Hokage exhaled smoke from his pipe. "And thus, we may start with the official nominations for this year's first round of the Chunnin Exams." All Jounin suddenly got serious, especially the supervisors, who walked a couple of steps forward and bowed to the Hokage. Shisui had his eyes set on Kaito, Hanako's teacher. "Let's begin with you, Hiroshi." The old man directed himself to the black haired Jounin, who stood on the left end.

"Yes, Hokage-sama." He made a seal with his index and middle fingers as he talked. "I, Hiroshi, leader of Team 3 conformed by: Ren Sonoda, Kaichi Kazeyama and Hyori Senju; wish to nominate the three of them to participate in the upcoming Chunnin Exams." The Hokage nodded as his eyes moved to the next Jounin, who followed the same procedure.

"I, Kaito Hayata, leader of Team 4 conformed by: Kazuki Mitokado, Takeshi Komatsu and Hanako Uchiha; wish to nominate the three of them to participate in the upcoming Chunnin Exams." The last one in line prepared himself to talk.

"I, Masaru Abukara, leader of Team 2 conformed by: Itachi Uchiha, Koharu Anami and Hiroki Daishi; wish to nominate the three of them to participate in the upcoming Chunnin Exams."

"Well..." The Hokage sighed. "Anyone else?" he asked without receiving any kind of answer. "In that case..." he muttered, "The Genin of Konoha to participate in the Chunnin Exams are now officially nominated." All the Jounin walked back to their places in line. "Now I want Shisui Uchiha, Ibiki Morino and Hayate Gekko to take a step forward." The aforementioned did as commanded. "Ibiki."

"Yes, Hokage-sama." The Jounin bowed.

"I want you to be the proctor of the first test. The Jounin that used to take care of it has just retired." Ibiki bowed again.