CHAPTER TWO: The Attack of the Kyuubi

Two years had passed and the Third Shinobi World War continued to rage. The Kannabi Bridge was destroyed and Konoha gained advantage over the endless conflict. For Yusuke, it was sad to know that his nephew Obito had died in the mission, but alongside his grandmother and the whole family they prepared a funeral for him in the Naka Shrine. Only the Uchiha were admitted for no other ninja unaffiliated to the clan was allowed inside.

"Dad, where are we going?" a small brunette girl asked impatiently.

"To your cousin Obito's funeral, he just died in a mission," answered Yusuke while carrying her in his shoulders.

"What's a funeral?" she asked again.

"A funeral is a meeting of people done to honor the deaths of family and clan members, darling," her mother answered this time.

"And why is everyone wearing black?" the girl asked again, observing the people.

"Too many questions," a raven haired girl about ten years old, commented.

"Hikari, don't be rude to your sister. When you were her age you asked as many questions." Her father mocked her, making the small girl laugh.

"Nee-chan must stop being rude to me." The girl looked at her sister with a wide smile.

"Hanako, don't laugh at her. It is also tiring to answer all of your questions." Yusuke sighed. The girl inflated her cheeks in a pout, making Hikari smile victorious. Akira was amused by the scene.

"They are all wearing black because that color symbolizes the mourning," her mother answered. The little girl watched her, having no idea of what she just said. "When you are in mourning, it means that you're suffering the death of a loved one, that's why we wear black to funerals."

"So, we wear black clothes because we're suffering Obito-nii's death?" Hanako asked, finally understanding. Akira and Yusuke looked sadly at the ground.

"Yeah..." Hikari answered noticing the sad looks on her parents' faces. "Any more questions?" Hanako shook her head. When she saw her parents, she decided to stay quiet until they reached the shrine.

Once inside, Hanako was observing every detail of every corner in it. She asked her father to put her down and at the moment she placed a foot on the floor, she sprinted away and started wandering around the place. There were too many people there, but somehow she managed to move in between their legs. Although when she was about to go in between a last pair of legs, a hand grabbed her from the small kimono she was wearing. She noticed how she was being lifted and when she was turned around she realized it was neither her father nor her mother. It was an unknown person for her.

"What are you doing here, little girl? Did you run away from your parents?" The girl turned to look at where she was going previously and looked at a mat slightly out of place letting at sight a stone door.

"What's that?" she asked pointing at the mat. The man followed her finger and tensed upon seeing it.

"You'll know when you need to know," he said placing her on the floor and taking her hand. "Tekka," the man called one of the clan members that stood there. "Check that everything is okay in the hideout and place the mat correctly when you come out," he whispered but the girl managed to listen.

"Understood, Fugaku-sama," the subordinate replied with a nod while he went on the opposite way the man and the girl went.

"What's your name?" Fugaku asked looking at the girl.

"Hanako," she answered shyly looking at the floor.

"How old are you, Hanako?" The girl extended four fingers for him to see. "I see. And do you know where your parents are? You shouldn't be wandering all by yourself."