CHAPTER FOUR: The Ninja Academy

The next day, Hanako went with her father to the training field. They stood in the middle of it as he handed her a kunai.

"To begin, I'll teach you how to use a weapon. First of all you must seize it in the correct position." Hanako observed how her father did it and tried to copy him. "Okay, now throw it." She did what he said but the kunai did not even reach one meter when it was already sunk on the ground.

"I can't..." Hanako mumbled embarrassed, picking up the weapon.

"Try using your wrist and not your complete arm." Her father smiled. "Like...this," he said while, with a subtle flick of his wrist, he threw his kunai to the trunk of a tree. It was fully buried in the trunk, leaving his daughter impressed.

"I want to do that!" the little Uchiha exclaimed excited while she imitated what her father had done previously and threw her kunai towards the trunk of the tree. However, the knife did not reach its destination. Yusuke began to laugh.

"Don't stress yourself. Practice makes perfection," he commented as he watched how his daughter maneuvered the knife, correcting her at every error she committed.

Every day, Hanako improved in her training with the kunai and Yusuke finally began teaching her how to use it as a weapon. Hanako used her kunai to evade his attacks, even if they were very slow and he constantly advised her where he was going to hit.

After the first month of training, Yusuke had taught Hanako how to use a kunai properly. He also taught her the Shuriken Jutsu, although she still had not been able to master it properly. Now the next lesson before enrolling her into the Academy would be Taijutsu. First he taught her to battle, some kicks once in a while, but she always tired easily. In the next few months, she managed to significantly improve and then Yusuke decided to finally enroll her in the Ninja Academy.

In her first day, he accompanied her and met the one who would be his sensei from now on. "Good morning, Uchiha-sama," the man spoke. "My name is Tokuda Yakumo and from now on, I'll be the one to take care of Hanako. It is an honor to have again an Uchiha with us. I'm sure she will be an elite ninja like the rest of the members of her clan." Hanako smiled, nodding happily.

The little Uchiha looked at her surroundings, observing how the kids had already started playing with each other. Hanako then looked up at her father, "You're not leaving yet, right Daddy?"

Yusuke looked down at her daughter and chuckled at her puppy eyes. "You have to stop depending so much on me," he said, crouching down to be at her level. "Although, I still have to stay for the Ceremony, so today's your lucky day." He patted her head.

Hanako smiled victoriously and hugged her father tightly. "I love you, Dad." Yakuma chuckled as he observed Hanako.

"Isn't she a clingy one?" Hanako heard his comment and looked at him with a pout.

"I'm not clingy!" she scoffed.

Yusked chuckled, straightening himself. "She is when she wants to be," he said. "Otherwise, she would've pushed me away by now." Hanako stuck out her tongue towards her teacher, who only chuckled.

"Takeshi, wait!" Hanako heard a man yell to his son at the same time she saw a boy her age approaching her. He had spiky brown her and honey brown eyes, and he smiled at her brightly.

"Hello," he greeted Hanako with a wave of his hand. "My name is Takeshi Komatsu! It's a pleasure to meet you!" Hanako only stared at him with a raised eyebrow. "Do you want to be my friend? Let's play together!"

"Takeshi! Don't run off like that!" The boy's father quickly appeared behind him, putting both his hands over his shoulders. "I'm sorry mister Uchiha, we didn't mean to bother you," he apologized with a cheeky smile.