CHAPTER THREE: Encounter with the Masked Man

Yusuke returned from the walk he had with his daughter. When he stood in front of the door of his home, Akira suddenly stormed out with a worried face, asking for Hanako.

"She wanted to stay a bit more in the woods, she'll be back soon," he said confidently, although deep inside me he must admit he had a bad feeling about it.

"Yeah, I hope so," said his wife coldly, clearly pissed for leaving Hanako without supervision. "We have visits," she added, walking back inside. Yusuke was surprised by it. No one would ever visit them. When he walked in, he saw him. Fugaku, his friend, was standing in his living room accompanied by his eldest son, Itachi.

"I'm glad you finally came, Yusuke," he greeted Yusuke standing up when he saw him inside, just as his son did. "Itachi, he's Yusuke, one of my best friends and a fellow comrade of mine in the Force."

"Pleasure, Itachi. Your father has spoken to me a lot about you." Yusuke smiled.

The boy only nodded his head. "The pleasure is mine, Yusuke-san," he muttered politely.

"He's pretty well-mannered. You raised him well, Fugaku," the man joked to the brown haired Jounin who just gave him a condescending smile.

"He must learn how to behave for when assumes his position as the clan leader," Fugaku assured.

"How old are you?" Yusuke asked the small raven haired boy.

"Six," Itachi answered.

"Oh! Just like Hanako." Yusuke chuckled. Fugaku nodded.

"We are just waiting to enroll him into the Academy," his father announced full of pride. "I'm sure he will become pretty strong, after all, he's the clan's future leader. Right, Itachi?"

"Yes, Father." Itachi smiled slightly at Yusuke and Akira, who stared at him with soft smiles.

"I'm glad." Yusuke had a fake smile. "And how's Sasuke?"

"Fine, he's at home with Mikoto right now," Fugaku replied with a nod.

"How old is he now?"

"He just turned two, and he turned out to be a really curious kid. Reminds me a bit of Hanako," the Clan Leader said with a soft smile. "Speaking of which, is either of your kids home?"

"No. Hikari is on a mission and Hanako was walking with me through the woods but she decided to stay a little bit longer." Yusuke sighed. Akira glared at him for being so careless and speaking about it in front of their leader.

"It's about to get dark, don't you think it would be better to bring her back?" Fugaku inquired frowning.

"She said she'd come back and I trust her. She's not a weakling that walks around unprotected." Akira let out an exasperated sigh after Yusuke's remark.

"She's six years old, Yusuke!" she snapped.

Fugaku sighed. "Yusuke, she's not a skilled ninja that knows how to defend herself. I don't even let Itachi wander around too much after certain hours. Go look for her." Yusuke avoided his look and crossed his arms over his chest.

"What brought you here anyway?" asked Yusuke with a frown.

Fugaku looked at Akira for a moment, then at Yusuke with a serious face. "I wanted to speak to your daughter, Yusuke, Akira. You must be aware that in six years the ANBU will take her away."

Akira covered her face with her hands and sobbed lightly. Her shoulders trembled restlessly. Yusuke wrapped an arm around her, bringing her close to him. "Just six more years, huh..."