Chapter Three: Meeting the Head of the Phantomhives...

You looked around a bit nervously as you walked down the hall behind Sebastian, but couldn't help but grin slightly at the same time. You were actually in the Black Butler universe! It was something you could only ever dream of happening, and apparently it was! At least, it seems like it is. From what you've guessed, this is really a dream. You felt pain when you pinched yourself, and when Pluto knocked you to the ground.

You're not supposed to feel pain in dreams... right? It's not physically possible.

As you walked, you would notice the butler in front of you throw you the occasional glance, but you didn't know why... Until you remembered something. 'Oh yeah, I have damn cat ears on my head and a tail. He's bound to be curious...' you thought, shaking your head as you remembered his little infatuation with cats. You were actually a bit surprised he hadn't already pet you or felt your ears yet.

The two of you stopped at a large wooden door, and watched as Sebastian knocked. "What is it?" you heard a voice from the other side of the door ask. 

'Ciel...' you thought, as Sebastian replied, "I found something out in the garden. I'm sure you'll be interested in it, young master."

'Wait, did he just refer to me as something? How dare he' you thought, sending a slight glare his way. He didn't notice of course since he had his back turned to you. 

"Alright come in then." Ciel sighed, as Sebastian opened the door. He walked in, with you in tow.

"What is it now-... Who's this?" he asked once he noticed you. 

"Young master, this is Miss (Name). I found her out in the garden with Finnian. Why she was there, I don't know." Sebastian answered.

"Alright then..." Ciel muttered as he looked at you, "What's your full name?" 

"(Name) (Last name)." you answered, playing with a strand of your (h/c) hair. 

"Now, how'd you get on my property?" he then asked.

"Well, the two of you probably won't believe me when I say this, but I just woke up in some of those fields. I don't know how I got there, nor do I memories of what happened before that. So, I just continued walking until I ended up in your garden." you explained, shrugging your shoulders a bit, still playing with that strand of your hair.

Ciel raised an eyebrow while looking over at Sebastian, who was gazing over at you. "Alright then. Final question, why do you have cat ears?" the earl asked. 

You went quiet for a moment, before laughing slightly and giving the same answer you had given Finnian, "Oh, they're fake. I woke up with them on, and just kept them."

Ciel nodded and looked at his butler, "Sebastian, what do you think?" he asked. 

"I believe she's telling the truth, my lord." the butler replied, but you could tell something was off by the look in his eyes when he looked back to you.

"Sebastian, so her to one of the guest rooms. She'll be staying here, from now on." Ciel said, looking back down at her papers. 

"Wait, excuse me? What do you mean I'll be staying here?" you asked, looking at the two of them curiously. 

"Well, you said you have no memories from before you woke up, therefor you'll be staying here. Though, you will have to work as a maid." he explained.

"Oh... okay then..." you mumbled, walking out the door with Sebastian.

Once he got to the guest room you'd stay in, he stopped and turned to you. 

"I know you weren't telling the truth entirely." he said with a slight smirk. 

"What do you mean by that?" you asked, crossing your arms over your chest. 

"First of all, you were lying when you said you have no memories before you woke up. How can I tell? You were moving around and playing with a piece of your hair." he explained, while your eyes widened a bit, but you brushed it off.

"So? That doesn't mean anything." you retorted. 

"Well then, I also know you were lying about those ears being fake." he continued. 

"Prove it." you replied. 

"Your tail is flicking around as we speak, and your ears twitched a bit when you got irritated right now. Also, if they're fake, then take them off." he said.

You turned around, and grabbed your tail with one hand to stop it from moving and glanced back at him. 

"Alright, you win. They're not fake. I'm part cat." you sighed, leaning against the wall. 

He smiled a bit, and said, "Well, it's about time I prepare dinner. I'll have the other maid Mey-Rin help get an outfit for you."

He was about to walk away, but turned back to you and did something that caught you a bit off guard. He leaned down and tucked a strand of you hair back. He was mere centimeters from your face, when he smirked again. 

"I'll keep this our little secret, miss (Name). Also, I suggest you get something to hide those ears. Wouldn't want anyone getting suspicious." he smiled, petting your right ear slightly.

And with that, he walked away, leaving you blushing at your room door.