Chapter Eleven: Explanation and Trust

I've got an hour before I leave so yay, new chapter!

~<>~<>~

'Where the hell is Sebastian?' you panicked in your mind. You had already tried calling for him, but it strained your throat to talk in an above normal tone.

You weren't ready to run this fast. You should've realized this. But now you had a reaper chasing you and this wasn't exactly a good situation to slow down and take a few deep breathes.

You could already feel your chest tightening up and your legs getting tired. The adrenaline of the chase was beginning to wear off, and you were starting to feel weak again.

Turning a sharp corner, you finally lost your balance. You yelped as you fell forward, using your arms to brace yourself.

"Ow..." you groaned, turning your head to see Grell standing above you. "... Shit."

Before either of you could do anything, a voice rang out behind you. 

"Grell, stop whatever you're doing!"

'Sebastian...' you thought, eyes widening as you tilted your head back to see the familiar demon marching down the hall toward you.

He did not look happy.

"Bassy!" Grell squealed, hopping away from you and dashing towards Sebastian.

You could see Sebastian getting ready to push Grell away and probably kick her out of the manor, so you had to say something quick.

"Wait! Sebastian, leave her alone... I want to handle the situation." you quickly exclaimed, pushing yourself off the floor and slowly getting back up on two feet.

When you looked up, you saw Grell staring back at you with a shocked expression. "... You called me her..." she whispered, almost astounded.

"Yes... do you not want me to call you that?" you replied, raising an eyebrow.

"No no, of course I want you to call me that!" she quickly responded, "It's just... you're one of the first people to ever call me that."

"Well, if you identify as a woman, why shouldn't I refer to you as one?" you shrugged.

~<>~<>~

A little while later you had explained the situation to Grell. 

"So, you're sick and Bassy was taking care of you?" Grell asked.

"Yes." you nodded.

"Nothing else?" she replied, crossing her arms.

"Nope." you replied.

"Well, that's good! I need to leave now, but I will come back to talk to you, (Name), dear!" Grell grinned, before waltzing away.

"Well, that went better than expected." a voice behind you sighed.

You jumped and spun around, coming face to face with a smirking Sebastian.

"Don't scare me like that."you frowned, punching him in the arm lightly.

He feigned pain, but laughed it off. "I still can't believe you got Grell to calm down. How on Earth did you manage that?" he mused, raising an eyebrow at you.

"I just talked to her. You know, she's not that bad. All you have to do is hold a conversation and you should be fine." you smiled, shrugging your shoulders.

"A little hard to do when Grell is trying to do unspeakable things to me." Sebastian muttered, making you laugh a little.

"Well, that's your problem, not mine." you smirked, before walking away from the bewildered demon.

~<>~<>~

Good job, Grell didn't kill you! Also, you just made a new friend, congrats~