Chapter Nine: Determination

No, the chapter title is not an Undertale reference.

Okay, I've been getting a lot of good suggestions! I'm going to start with this prompt: Reader-chan gets sick, but it too stubborn to stop working

Anyway, on with the chapter!

~<>~<>~

It had been a few days since you had explained everything to Sebastian. Throughout those days you continued your work, dealt with Sebastian's flirting, and told him some more things about the modern world which you were from.

You tried your best to explain everything from animated movies to same-sex relationships.

"So... it's legal for two men to date? In public?" Sebastian asked, leaning against the wall across from you.

"Yes. At least where I'm from two men and two women can date each other. But, just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone likes the idea of it." you nodded.

"Well then... tell me something else." he smiled. He was really into the conversation.

"I'd love to Sebastian, but it's getting late and I want to get a good nights sleep." you replied, attempting to stifle a yawn.

"Oh, alright, kitten. I'll see you tomorrow then." he smirked, making his way for the door.

Before he could walk out, however, you sneezed. Loudly.

"(Name)? Are you alright?" he asked, peeking his head back in.

"I'm sure I'm fine. Random sneezes are normal for me." you sighed, rubbing your nose.

"Okay then... Good night~" he said, closing the door. You heard faint footsteps receding, which meant he was walking down the hall, probably towards Ciel's study to get him to bed.

"G'night..." you whispered to no one in particular. You blew out the candle that sat on your nightstand, then crawled into bed.

~<>~<>~

You woke up the next morning earlier then expected. The sun was only just beginning to rise, and the clock across the room read '6:45'

"Well then." you mumbled to yourself while sitting up. As soon as you got upright, however, a sharp pain struck your head.

"Ow ow ow.... Shit, that hurts..." you muttered, rubbing your temples. You could feel your ears twitch in annoyance, and the movement wasn't helping your current pain.

'I'm sure this will go away once I have breakfast. Food always helps with my headaches.' you thought to yourself, slowly slipping out of bed.

As soon as your feet touched the floor, you immediately had to lean back onto the bed for support. You suddenly felt extremely dizzy.

"Please don't tell me I'm sick..." you groaned, struggling to stand straight. Pushing the thought away, you shuffled over to the closet.

Since you were feeling cold, you pulled on a black, long sleeved black dress, with a skirt that ended at your knees. You slipped on white stocking, black slippers, and a black headband.

Moving back to the vanity, you attempted to fix you frizzy bed head, before sneezing. Three times.

"Shit, I am sick, aren't I?" you groaned, face planting onto the table in defeat.

'No. I am not going to let a stupid cold get in the way of my job. I owe Ciel for him letting me stay here. If I give up working for today he and Sebastian will be disappointed,' you thought stubbornly, 'I'm going to keep working even if it's the death of me.'