Chapter Five: An Unexpected Guest?

Not too long later you stood in the hall. Mey-Rin decided to split her duties as a maid with you, giving you the job of sweeping, dusting, and making sure everything looked in perfect condition. Not a single portrait was to be tilted, not a single vase or potted plant was to be out of place, and not a single cabinet or table was to have even a particle of dust on it.

"Hmm, they sure are strict here." you sighed, standing up straight once you had finished sweeping underneath a china cabinet.

You turned and began to walk down the hall, but was cut off guard when you heard a high pitched squeal ring through the manor. "What the hell?... Wait... no..." you gasped, your eyes widening.

"It's Elizabeth."

~<>~<>~

You took in sharp breaths once you approached the main hall. Regaining your composure, you dusted off your dress and peeked through the door.

You saw an over joyed blonde squeezing the air out of Ciel as she hugged him, and a smirking Sebastian who stood behind the couple.

You laughed slightly at the sight, but clapped a hand over your mouth as you made eye contact with a certain demon.

"Lady Elizabeth," Sebastian began, clearing his throat, "I'm sure you'd like to meet our new maid, yes? She recently joined our staff here at the manor." 

You glared at him slightly, rolling your eyes as Elizabeth gasped, "A new maid? I must see her!"

Sebastian looked back up at you, and you groaned as you slowly pushed open the door. 'Thank god this dress and headpiece cover my tails and ears, otherwise Elizabeth would never stop squealing about how 'cute' I am' you internally sighed.

You slowly shuffled over, trying to keep a forced smile on your face. "Hello, I'm (name), the newest maid." you said, bowing slightly.

Elizabeth examined you for a moment, before grinning widely. "You're so cute! I have just the perfect outfit for you~" she giggled, clapping her hands together.

You glanced up, a pained grin painting your features, "That's... wonderful~" you replied. Behind the happy girl, you could see Ciel pinching the bridge of his nose and Sebastian obviously holding back a chuckle. 

"Well, I'll dress you up later. For now, I must get to know you. Tell me, (name), where are you from?" she asked, a curious look in her green eyes.

'I obviously can't just blurt out I'm from another universe... what should I say...?' you thought, searching for a quick easy answer. "Er, I'm from France." you said, smiling. 'Great, what do I know about France? Good going, (name)' you groaned. You noticed behind her that both Ciel and Sebastian had perplexed looks on their faces. (A/N: Sorry if you're from France, or know a lot about it. This was just the first thing that came to mind XD)

"Ooh, France?~ I hear it's lovely there~ Are you from Paris?" she grinned, spinning around, "I've always wanted to go to France, I hear the fashion's gorgeous and the food's delectable!~"

"Yes, well I do have to agree with you on that." you laughed awkwardly.

"But, you don't seem to have an accent..." she mumbled, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, well my family had moved to England when I was young. I lost the accent over time." you quickly replied, shrugging your shoulders a bit. 

"Interesting~ Ooh, I have a wonderful idea, Ciel~" she smiled, turning to look at her fiance. 

"What is it, Elizabeth?" Ciel asked, a slightly bored look on his face.

"We should eat French food for dinner! Oh, (name), do you know how to cook?" she exclaimed, turning back to look at you.

"I'm afraid I don't." you sighed, smiling nervously. (A/N: Again, sorry if you can cook)

"Oh, well Sebastian you know how to cook. Do you know any French recipes?" she asked, looking over at the tall butler.

"It just so happens I do." he smiled, "I'll begin preparing it now. My lord, why don't you escort Lady Elizabeth up to the study. I shall bring some pastries and drinks up for you soon. (Name), you may return to your duties."

You nodded as you turned on you heel and walked off. "Well, that went better than I thought." you mumbled, turning a corner. You walked down the hall and passed the kitchen, and noticed Sebastian was inside preparing some small cakes for Elizabeth and Ciel.

You hadn't noticed you were staring, and blushed slightly when Sebastian turned and met your gaze.

"(Name), I thought I had told you to get back to your duties. What are you doing staring at me?" he smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"N-nothing," you began, inwardly cursing yourself for stuttering, "I was just curious as to what you were doing." 

"Sure, you were, (Name)." he said sarcastically.

"Be quiet." you retorted stubbornly, crossing your arms over your chest.

"You know you can't order me to do anything. Also, why would you pick France of all places? You and I both know that's not true." he chuckled, cleaning some frosting off his hands.

"Hey, I had to think of something, alright. It's not like you'd just come out and say that you're a demon." you frowned.

You looked back over at Sebastian and noticed his eyes were wide as he stared at you.

"What... Why are you staring at me? What did I say-" you began, but clapped a hand over your mouth. 'Oh no... He knows I know... Oh god no....' you inwardly gasped.

"How do you know I'm a demon?" he asked, walking over to you.

"I, well, you see... Hehe..." you laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of your neck, "I, uh..."

Before he could even get one meter away from you, you sprinted out of the kitchen. You ran down the hall as fast as you could, not stopping until you reached a vacant room. You pushed open the door and closed it behind you.

You looked around the room. It seemed to be some sort of spare work room or study, judging from the work desk in the center of the room and the cabinets. 

You took in deep breaths as you allowed yourself to calm down, and pressed you ear to the door.

"Nothing..." you breathed out, "Good."

'I'll just have to do my best to avoid him... God, this will be difficult.' you thought, putting your back to the door as you slid onto the floor.

~<>~<>~

Ooh, suspense XD I apologize for the lack of updates.