Chapter Four: Picking out a Uniform

You smiled as you looked around your room. The walls were a light beige, and there was one big window at the back, framed by velvet drapes. The bed was queen sized with white and black covers, and a small brown chest at the foot of it. There was a writing desk, and a closet which you guessed was full of ready-made outfits.

You heard a knock at the door, and turned. 

"Come in!" you called out, looking away from a vanity which stood near the closet. 

You turned and saw a familiar pink haired maid walk through the door, her navy blue dress and apron slightly dirtied, most likely from cleaning. Though, you noticed her glasses had a crack in them, too, which you held back a small laugh at seeing. 'Mey-Rin...' you thought, a small smile illuminating your face.

"Oh dear, your glasses are cracked." you gasped, walking over.

"Oh, it's okay, Miss, yes it is! I can still see... fine!" she said quickly, though she hesitated.

"Okay then. Well, my name's (Name), and as you probably know I'm the new maid here... May I ask what's your's?" you explained, tilting your head slightly.

"Oh, my name is Mey-Rin, yes it is. I just came here on the master's orders to help you get dressed... And seeing you now I can understand why." She answered, pointing to my ears.

"Oh! Those! They're not real... I just can't seem to get them off." you quickly replied, giving a nervous grin. 

"Anyway, we should pick out my uniform now. Wouldn't want to keep the master waiting, yes?" you asked, nodding your head towards the closet.

"Oh yes, you're absolutely right!" Mey-Rin nodded, running over. "Now we just need to find you a good dress. yes we do..." she mumbled, walking into the closet.

She pulled out a deep violet dress with a silver apron around it, that had long sleeves and would end at your knees . 

"What do you think of this one, Miss (Name)?" she asked, showing it to you.

You merely shook you're head, "Sorry, I probably sound selfish in saying this, but I just don't really like the style of the dress..." you mumbled.

"You don't sound selfish at all! Why would you say that?" she said curiously, putting the dress back in the closet.

"Well, I've been offered a home to stay in, a great job, and wonderful clothing too! And I'm turning down what you're giving me." you replied a bit shyly, smiling a bit embarrassed.

"No no, it's fine, Miss (Name), yes it is! Here, why don't you come and pick out something yourself?" she suggested.

"I'd love to!" you smiled, walking over and into the closet. 

You skimmed through the dresses for a bit, before choosing on that caught your eye. It was a black dress that ended underneath your knees and was short sleeved. It had a white and silver apron tied around the waist, and matching gloves that went to the elbow. Along with it, you picked out white tights and black slippers, with a similar white clothed headband to the one that Mey-Rin wears... mainly to hide your cat ears.

Mey-Rin left the room while you changed clothing, and you also made sure to keep your tail tucked underneath the skirt of the dress. You glance to the mirror as you put the headpiece of the outfit on, and smile a bit at your reflection. 

"Not too shabby, if I say so myself." you laughed, twirling in the dress.

You call for Mey-Rin to come back in, and she gasps when she sees you. "You look fantastic Miss (Name), yes you do!" she grins, clapping he hands together.

"Thank you, Mey-Rin," you reply, curtsying slightly, "Anyhow, shall we get to work?" you ask.

~<>~<>~

Meh... filler chapter... Nothing new here.... Just move along XD