Just Like it Has Been For the Past Two Years

The next night, I had my stuff packed up in my Aladine ACHA Hockey duffel bag and was ready to go to Laura's. My brother's team was off to the district playoffs for hockey this weekend. If the won, they'd go to States next weekend.

"Just call Grandma if you need anything," Mom reminded me for the millionth time that day.

"I think I'll be fine Mom," I groaned.

"We should be home Sunday, if they make it to the finals we'll be home after eight. If not, we'll be home at four," she said.

"Bye guys," I said as they walked out to the garage to load up the last of their stuff into the car.

After they pulled away, I texted Laura, telling her she could come pick me up now. It was way too cold today to walk the two miles to her dorm.

"Thanks for picking me up," I said as I got into her car and threw my duffel bag into the backseat.

"No problem," she said, "It's freezing out here, I don't blame you for not wanting to walk."
"I'm so ready for this weekend," I sighed.

"Long week?" she asked.

"Extremely," I said, "An exam and a five page analysis paper were due this week."

"Ouch," she said.

"I got it all done, it was just a pain in the ass," I said as we pulled up into her dorm parking lot.

"When are you skating tomorrow?" she asked as I dumped my crap on her floor.

"Noon," I replied, "You don't care, right?"
"I'll watch," she said.

"Cool," I said.

"You okay?" she asked as we sat down to watch Netflix.

"Yeah," I sighed, scrolling through Twitter.

"Tell me now," she said.

"It's just Jordan," I sighed, "Like it has been for the past two years."

"What's he doing now?" she asked.

"He's just Tweeting shit about not having a girlfriend and how no girls like him and loads of other bullshit," I said.
"Ouch," she said, "That stings."

"Bitch please, no girls like you because you don't know how to handle your fucking feelings," I griped.

"Want to drown your sorrows in pizza and Coke?" she asked.

"Sure," I laughed.

"I'd suggest wine but I drank the only bottle I had last week and you shouldn't drink because drinking is bad," she said, searching her phone for the number of the pizza joint down the road.

"All by yourself?" I laughed.

"Don't judge me young one," she said, "I'm calling the pizza place."

###

"Pizza's here," I said, looking out the window.

"Let's go get it," she said, grabbing her wallet.

"Are you Laura?" the pizza guy asked when we walked downstairs to the lobby.

"Yeah," she said.

"Twenty even," he said.

"There you go," she said, handing him a wad of cash and taking the pizza.