Can I Kiss You?

"So what are you going to do about it?" I asked, taking a deep breath.

"That, my dear, is a surprise," he said with a sideways smirk, "For now, just know that someone does, in fact, see that you're beautiful and smart and intelligent because I'll get in a load of trouble if we date before you're eighteen."
"But-" I began to say before he placed his finger over my lips.

"But that doesn't mean we have to ignore our feelings," he said quietly, "It just means we have to keep it on the down-low, okay?"

"You're not trying to pull one over on me?" I asked.

"I'd never do that to you, or anyone," he said, "So, if you have feelings for me then everything will be great, if not, that's cool too. All you have to do is tell me."

"I-I-I do have feelings for you," I said.

"So can I kiss you?" he asked with a smirk.

###

We sat on the couch in my room watching a movie for the rest of the morning, I didn't quite catch the end of it though after falling asleep.

"Penelope," Logan said, "Penelope, the rest of the guys are awake, we're going to pack up to leave."

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Noon," he laughed.

"Shit," I laughed, "I'll go get dressed real quick."
"I'll be back in five to get you," he said.

"See you in five then," I said as I walked over to the dresser to find a sweatshirt and leggings and he walked out of the room.

As soon as I got into the bathroom and called Laura, who was probably wondering why I hadn't texted her back yet.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" she exclaimed as she answered her phone.

"Long story," I said.

"Tell me right fucking now," she said.

"I woke up at the ass crack of dawn and was standing on the balcony of my room when Logan knocks on my room door and asks if I want company," I said.

"Aw," she said.

"He asked me if I was off because Jordan was here all weekend, I said maybe," I said, "So I kind of started crying because he asked me what happened with Jordan and I told him. Then he told me I didn't deserve the heartbreak and I basically said I did because I was a dumbass and fell for it and he said it wasn't and that I'm amazing and beautiful and called me a fucking genius and said I shouldn't let an asshole make me feel any less than that."

"Holy shit, keep going what did he say next?!" she said.

"Then I asked him if that was really true why didn't anyone see it and if I'm that great then why didn't he feel the same. He said someday the right guy will come along and he'll see it and I said yeah right nobody sees it and then he said I see it," I said, "Then he told me he has feelings for me."

"You've got to be shitting me," she said, "Seriously?"
"Seriously, " I said, brushing my hair into a messy bun, "Then I asked him what he was going to do about it so he said well do you have feelings too and I was like yeah of course duh. So he said we'll have to keep it on the down-low until I'm eighteen but we don't have to ignore feelings anymore."

"Shit I should've come," she said, "Maybe I would've picked up a man or two too."

"Yeah I'm sure you would've picked a few up," I laughed, "I've gotta go though, we're going for breakfast now that the rest of the team got their asses out of bed."

"Have fun," she said, a smirk in her voice, "When are you guys heading out?"
"Right after breakfast," I said, "We're already packed up and everything, we're just stopping there first."

"See you tomorrow then?" she asked.

"Sure," I said, "See yah," I said before hanging up as Logan knocked on my door.

"Ready to go?" he asked as I opened the door, luggage cart in his tow.

"Yeah, I said.

"Here, I've got a cart and I already loaded my stuff on it," he said, helping me load my luggage onto the cart.

###
"I'll have the Strawberry French Toast with whipped cream and chocolate milk please," I said as we ordered our food at IHOP, "Can I get sausage patties and corned beef hash on the side please?"
"Of course," the waitress smiled, "We'll be right out with your drinks."

"Hungry there Penelope?" Logan smirked.

"Starving," I replied, "I haven't eaten since before the game last night."
"Why didn't you get breakfast this morning?" he asked.

"I kind of fell asleep on the couch, remember?" I laughed.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," he laughed, "You missed the end of Captain America 2 by the way."

"I've seen it like five times, I think I'll live," I laughed.

"So that's where you went," Troy remarked, "I thought you got lost."

"Nope," Logan said, "I was with Penelope, we were the only ones awake anyway."

"Ooh, what were you two doing then, alone?" Troy asked.

"Watching a movie dumbass," Logan glared, kicking him under the table.

"Sorry," Troy smirked.

"Sure," Logan remarked, rolling his eyes.

###

"Why'd you get so pissed at Troy?" I asked as we rode home on the bus later that afternoon.

"I didn't like what he was insinuating," he replied.

"He was just kidding," I said.

"I know, I was a douche about," he said, "I just don't want anyone to say shit like that or think that, you know?"
"Yeah," I said, "I doubt Troy actually thinks anything is going on between us anyway."

"I know," he said, "I just don't want to take any chances."
"Do you really think it'll work?" I asked.

"What?" he asked.

"Us," I replied.

"I mean, you're going to be eighteen soon and after that there's really nothing that says we can't be together, right?" he asked.

"I just don't know how my parents will feel," I said, "You're great but I don't think they'd be thrilled with the idea of me dating someone who's that much older, you know?"

"Yeah," he said.

"Maybe we'll just have to keep it secret until I come to school," I said, "then it's not like they can say I have to listen to them because I live with them, you know?"

"Yeah," he said, "Either way we're going to have to keep it a secret. As long as we get to eventually be together, I'm good."

"Me too," I smiled.

###

***

a6P)