Because I'll Kill Him if He Tries

Three weeks later was the week before finals week, the week I had been dreading. I was up to my ears in study guides and notes. Today, I was panicking in the library because I had a Sociology final in a week. I had been in the library since Soc had let out, afterward I had the final writing class. I was completely stressed out, I was so close to finishing trig, but it still felt so far away.

"Hey gorgeous," Logan said quietly as he slid into the desk next to me, "What's up?"

"I'm so tired," I replied, "I was up until three last night trying to finish trig and was up at eight studying for Soc."

"Have you taken a break?" he laughed.

"Only to shower and get dressed," I replied, my eyes glued to the computer screen.

"Let's start walking to class," he remarked, "It's gorgeous out."

"There's still twenty minutes until class," I replied, "I'll start walking over in a few."

"You need a break," he said.

"I'm fine," I said, continuing to study.

"You're exhausted," he said, "Come on, we're going for a walk," he said, taking the mouse from my hand and logging out of the computer for me.

"My head is killing me," I remarked as we walked across campus.

"It's probably because you haven't slept," he said, "Seriously Penelope, you have so much time, just sleep."
"But I need to get done," I replied, rubbing my eyes.

"You okay?" he asked as I stopped for a second. My head was pounding and the sun wasn't helping whatsoever.

"Just tired," I replied as we walked into the Student Center.

"You sure?" he asked, "You're white as a ghost."

"Funny," I remarked, rubbing my eyes once again, "Shit," I mumbled as my vision began to cloud and my knees began to buckle.

"Penelope!" Logan exclaimed as I began to fall to the ground, only to have him catch me.

"I'm fine," I said, trying to stand back up, only to fall back into his arms.

"No you're not," he said, not letting me go, "Have you eaten today?"
"I-I don't think so," I replied, still feeling lightheaded.

"Shit," he said, "You need to sit down."
"I'll just drink some water and I'll be fine," I said, "I was going to grab Cheez-Its before class anyway."

"No you need something substantial," he said as I tried to get away, only to almost fall again.

"I'll be fine," I said as he picked me up, "What the hell are you doing?!"
"You're not going to listen to me so I'll make you sit still," he said.

"You've got to be kidding me," I groaned as he carried me across the student center.

"Hey Troy!" he yelled.

"What?" Troy replied, walking over to us.

"Make sure she doesn't try to get up," he said, "She almost just passed out and I need to get her food."
"Uh," Troy remarked, "She scares me."

"Good," I smirked as Logan set me down on a chair.

"I'll make sure," he sighed as Logan gave him a look.

I decided I was too lightheaded and Logan was probably right, so I stayed in the chair with my head on the table.

"You okay?" Troy asked, his mouth full.

"Yeah dumbass I feel great," I replied sarcastically.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I didn't eat yet so I almost passed out," I replied.

"Holy shit, why didn't he take you to the nurse?" Troy asked.

"Because I'll kill him if he tries," I replied, "It's happened before, I'll be fine."

"Whatever you say," he replied as Logan came back with food.

"Here," he said, setting three take-out boxes on the table in front of me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Hot turkey sandwich with American cheese and red pepper sauce, salad, and broccoli cheese soup," he replied, "Eat it, and drink this," he said, handing me a bottle of water.

"We have fifteen minutes until class starts, there's no way I can finish this," I said.

"Then start now," he said.

###

Ten minutes later, I was still eating but I needed to get to class.

"You haven't finished the soup," Logan said as I began to get up.

"I'll eat it in class, we need to get going!" I replied, grabbing my backpack.

"I'll carry it for you," he said, grabbing the soup from the table and putting the lid back on the container.

"Thanks," I said, grabbing the water bottle and walking up the stairs and out the door.

"Hey," he said, stopping me at the classroom door.

"What?" I asked.

"Please eat this," he said.

"I will," I replied.

"I'll sit next to you just to make sure," he smirked as we walked in.

###
By the time class was over, my soup was long gone and my bottle of water had about a third left in it.

"You really should drink the rest of your water," Logan remarked as we walked back to the student center.

"I know," I sighed, checking my phone to see when my mom was picking me up.

"When's your mom coming?" he asked.

"She's just around the corner," I replied.

"When's your soc final?" he asked.

"Wednesday," I replied, "Not till two."

"I'll text you, we'll figure something out so we can hang, okay?" he said, "See you later."

"See you," I replied as I walked back out to the front of the building where my mom was picking me up.

"How was class?" Mom asked as I got buckled.

"Good," I replied, "I'm super nervous for my Soc final though."
"I'm sure you'll do fine hon," she said, "We've got to go to Waterford tonight, are you coming with us?"
"Yeah, sure," I said, "I forgot about the game though."
"We have to stop at home first anyway if you want to change your clothes," she said, "I left Collin at home to finish drying his jersey and shirt."

"Okay," I said, "I'll probably put some pants on," I laughed, trying to figure out what kind of lie I could get away with for when I went to hang out with Logan because, quite, frankly, he was the only thing I was thinking about as we drove home.

###

***

"6p�¿)<>