Chapter Seven

| Your POV |

"He broke all of the beakers?" Honey Lemon asks as she brushes her hair in front of the mirror.

You lay on your bed that's across the room from hers. "Yeah. Everything. Over a hundred dollars of equipment- gone. I don't know how I'll get it back."

"Aw, ___. You can use mine."

"But not all of the time!" You groan. "I can't stand Fred."

"Don't say that, ___. Fred is really sweet. And he means well."

"Where did he come from, anyways?"

"None of us really know," She says. "One day he just . . . showed up and never left."

"He broke everything," You whisper.

"That was an accident. Besides, he's trying to make you feel welcome." She sits on the edge of your bed. "I know that you're struggling. You're struggling with fitting in and catching up. He's just trying to help you."

You nod. "I am having trouble with fitting in," You say softly.

"Hey," Honey Lemon takes your hand, "you're one of us."

You smile. "Thanks, Honey."

"You're welcome." She walks over to her bed and turns her lamp off. "Goodnight, ___."

"Night," You say. You shut your eyes, but you can't sleep. All you can think about is what you felt when Fred's hands touched yours and why you felt like that. Like everything was right. Like everything was perfect.

Like you liked Fred.