Chapter Twenty-Five

| Your POV |

"You won't get away with this," You say with a sneer. Your kidnapper is shoving you forward through a long, dark hall. You haven't seen his face. You haven't seen anything. You've had a bag over your head the entire time. You've only just recently been freed of the duct tape that covered your lips.

"Your friends are coming to save you. I know." You're silent as you're shoved through a doorway. He continues to shove you until you fall against a gate-like surface. You collapse against the metal floor and gasp in pain. You try once more to twist through the rope that's tied around your wrists. The man begins to tie your ankles together, too, and you feel completely helpless. Suddenly, the bag is ripped from your head. You find yourself staring right into an older man's face. "Don't you realize that that is exactly what I want?" He asks.

"Who-" You stop. "You're Professor Callaghan, aren't you?"

"I am," He says. "I can see that your friends have already caught you up."

"Why are you doing this?" You ask. "They saved your daughter. You're out of jail. Can't you just let everything go?"

"No! They ruined my plans. My revenge on Krei could never happen because of them." He smiles. "This is just payback." He steps away. "I really feel bad for you. You wanted to be in the group, to be a hero, but you're here as a damsel in distress. Don't you want your friends to come rescue you?"

"No," You say sternly.

"Of course you do. Deep down inside, you want to be rescued. To be safe. Because, here, you have no idea what's going to happen." Callaghan pulls a small gun out of his jacket. He holds it against your forehead and you're forced to stay completely still. You bite your lip and close your eyes shut.

Suddenly, Callaghan pulls away from you. You open your eyes. He's facing a blinking red light. You squint and realize that it's a camera. "If you want to save her, we'll be at the top of the newly built Krei Tech. If you don't, well, I'm sure you know what will happen."