Chapter Twenty-One

| Your POV |

"Okay, so your glasses have x-ray vision and enhanced vision," Fred explains as he leads you to the yard.

"Enhanced vision?" You ask.

"Yeah. Hiro couldn't figure out the heat vision, so he made enhanced vision. When you set it up everything becomes clearer. You can see every detail. It'll be useful."

You nod. "How do I set this up?"

"It's connected to your helmet." Fred takes your hand and holds your fingers against the side. "These switches control them. The left, enhanced. Right, x-ray. Easy."

You nod again.

"Test 'em out," He says, stepping to the side of you. You test the x-ray first.

"Whoa!" You say. You turn around in a circle. "I can see the inside of the mansion!"

"Awesome! Really?"

"Yeah!" You're about to turns toward Fred, but you stop and cover your eyes. "Wait. I can't see through clothes, right?"

Fred erupts with laughter. When he's composed himself, he says. "No. Hiro programmed them to not be able to see through certain things. Like what our suits are made of."

"Okay. Good." You uncover your eyes. "Should I try the enhanced?"

"Definitely," He says. You flip it on. Your eyes widen, as you can suddenly see every blade of grass, every crack in the concrete walls, every hair on Fred's head. "Well? How's it working?"

"Wow. This is. . . amazing. It's like I was blind before. Everything is so. . . vibrant and sharp. It's insane." You grin.

"Cool! Do I look more heroic than usual?" Fred lifts his arms to show off his "muscles" and poses.

No, but you look even cuter. You stop yourself at that thought. What are you doing? You force a laugh, trying to work through the embarassment you're feeling. "Ha. You wish."

"Ah, well, I tried." He shrugs. "Now we've got to work on your strength."

"My strength?" You ask. You flick the switch on your helmet, turning the glasses off.

"Yeah. You wanna protect yourself, don't you?" He asks.

"I mean . . . yeah. But I'm not strong, Freddie."

Fred steps forward. "You will be. You can do anything, ___. I believe in you."

You smile. "Thanks." You awkwardly hug him. "You're a really awesome person, Fred. And I'm just. . . I'm just really happy to have you in my life."

Fred slowly hugs you back. "Hey, you're just as awesome. And you're really cute, so there's that, too."

You laugh and blush a deep red. You hug Fred tighter. "Stop."

"Stop what?" He asks. "Telling the truth?"

You pull yourself away. "Stop making me feel like-" You stop.

"Like what?" Fred asks, stepping towards you.

You bite your lip. "Like-" You roll your eyes and smile. "Ugh! Let's just go test my strength."

Fred sighs. "Alright."

The entire time you're training, all you can think about is how you really feel about Fred.