Apple juice Woes

Okay, so, this one-shot is going to be told through your child's perspective. I hope it makes since. Oh! And thanks for everything guys!! Have a beautiful day!:D
~~~~~~~~~~~

It was completely atrocious! All the apple juice was gone with no trace of it ever being there. Can a six year-old not get her apple juice around here!? Plus, it was raining outside, so I couldn't go play like I was dreaming of doing ever since I woke up. Ugh!

Completely fed up with the hardships of my day, I decided to find comfort.

Walking into the living room, I found my dad, the only consulting detective in the world, sitting in his regular chair, seeing if he can find any cases in the newspaper.

I solemnly walked to his chair, now eye-level with his knees, and attempted to climb my way into his lap. My efforts did not go unnoticed, my father quickly looked down and picked me up, placing me in his lap, long forgotten about the newspaper.

"What's the matter sweetheart?"

I wasn't really sure on how to answer. So, contemplating on what to say, I rested my head under my father's chin, listening to the thrum of his heartbeat. While he was stroking my hair and resting his chin on my head, I decided to just tell him, hopefully not sounding too feeble.

"... Dad... There's no apple juice left, a-and I can't go outside because i-it's raining... I was looking really forward to going outside." I muttered that last part into his chest. I found my self welling up at all the aggravation I had stored in for the day.

"Shh, darling it's alright. I promise tomorrow, we will go and get you some more apple juice, and if it's not raining, then me and you will go to the park and have fun playing. Does that sound good my darling?"

I backed away from his grasped a little to look him in the face.

"Yea daddy, that sounds fine."

Not liking the cool from the room, I retreated back to my father's warm chest. I wrapped my arms as much as I could around his torso, and I felt the day's events slowly making me more ready for bed.

My father, realizing that I was doing so, picked me up and was carrying me to my room.

"Daddy... Can I sleep with you and mommy tonight? "

"Well, I see no harm in it, but only for tonight dear."

"Thank you daddy."

When we got to my parents bedroom, I saw that my mom was already in bed, reading and what I suspected, waiting for my father to join her.

My mother, (Y/N) looked up, "Oh darling, why are you in here."

"There was no apple juice mommy, and then it was raining..."

By explaining it again, I started to feel the tears on the edge, waiting for that final emotional punch to send the gliding down my face. I stuffed my head in my father's neck to make sure no one would see the tears, and he swayed with me in his arms to try to calm me down.

"Oh darling, it okay, just remember daddy's promise, alright?"

I looked at him again nodding my understanding. He reached up and wiped away the few tears that had fallen with his free hand, and continued his journey to the bed.

Gently laying me in middle, he climbed in behind me, and I was quick to cuddle against him again. I loved my mother, don't get me wrong, but I was surely a daddy's girl, and it was very rare for me to be able to be held by him.

Wrapping his arms around me and my mother, he kissed my forehead, kissed my mother's forehead, and proceeded to fall asleep.

" I love you both very much."

"I love you too daddy."

"I love you too darling."

My mother's words were the last we both three heard before falling into a peaceful slumber.