This Feeling

It was scary... this feeling inside. You just didn't know how to describe it. 

You were sitting alone in your room, lying under the duvet doing nothing. No thoughts coursed through your mind begging to be answered. There was just you and the radio and you still had this feeling looming over you that was weighing on your mind the more and more you lied there. 

It felt like your heat was beating one-hundred miles an hour, but when you checked it, it was perfectly normal. You were mentally exhausted from trying to figure out what this feeling was inside of you. 

It wasn't clear what the feeling was until you heard the crowded streets outside your window. You were lonely. It kept eating at your heart, and you guessed it finally handicapped you to your bed, swallowing every bit of motivation you had to do anything productive. 

Hearing the door to 221B open, you heard Sherlock wondering where you were. His foot steps were everywhere, until he finally used his magnificent head of his and deduced that you were in your shared bedroom. 

Now hearing his footsteps near the bedroom, you quickly pulled the duvet over your head. You weren't crying, you just didn't want him to see the lack of light in your usually fervent eyes. 

Lightly opening the door, he saw your form curled into a ball under the duvet and slowly approached. Sitting lightly on the bed, the side nearest to you, he lightly rested his hand on your shoulder. 

"(Y/N), are you okay darling?" 

"Mmm..." You groaned in reply. 

Lacking the confidence to face him, and not in the mood to put up a fight, you let him uncover you. Sherlock leveled his face with yours. 

"Oh, darling. Why didn't you just say?" He asked sincerely. 

"I don't know. I guess I just didn't want you to think I was being petty." You said with barely any spirit in your voice. 

"I would never think such a thing." He said kissing your nose. 

"Scooch over." He said lightly pushing your side, urging you to move over so he could accomplish what he set out to do. 

Once he got settled in, he pulled you to his side, put his arm under your head, and started to run his hand through your hair. Kissing your forehead, he pulled you even closer and kept his arm around your waist. Smelling the beautiful scent of your hair, he closed his eyes and sighed deeply. 

You pulled your arms to your chest and let your head fall naturally into his chest, taking in his aroma, you instantly started to calm down. The feeling that was once sitting on your chest started going away bit by bit, with the help of Sherlock. 

"I love you. You know that right?" You said murmuring into his chest. 

"Mhm, and you know I love you too right?" He said whispering into your hair. 

You sighed into his chest, sending a vibration to him, letting him know that you knew. 

Slowly falling asleep, you knew that you could always turn to Sherlock to make you feel better now. You don't have to hide anymore.