I Fall in Love

I fall in love just a little ol' little bit, everyday, when I'm with you...

It was lovely outside! The trees were in their transformations to the many hues of green, into the oranges and reds that looked like a reflection of the sun. The birds were chirping their merry, little song to celebrate the new day. The clouds were whooshing across the sky, almost like they were in a hurry to see the world. It was astonishing.

You stood by the window of 221B, looking out over the scenery that was just eye-grabbing. Since you were so enveloped in watching the world outside, you lightly jumped when you felt two familiar, warm arms start to slowly hug around your waist and saw a cheeky grin from your peripherals.

"Mm, what are you doing darling?" He asked you with the sweetest tone.

"Just admiring Mother Nature for a change. We work all the time and I never really get to look at it like this..." You drifted off into your thoughts once again.

"Well, I'll tell you something that is so much better than the view outside." He said while slowly swaying your hips along with his.

"Mm, and what's that?" You replied thoughtfully, knowing exactly what he was going to say.

"I think you know." He said winking.

Taking your hand, he led you to the center of your clutter filled living room. Putting both of your hands on his shoulders and he putting both of his hands on your waist, he slowly started swaying you in what ever fashion he felt right for the occasion.

Though, it wasn't the easiest routine, you had to constantly kick things out of your way, but it was worth it. Now hugging his neck and lying your head on his chest, just listening to the thrum of his heartbeat, you started to think about how lucky you were.

Honestly, it wasn't easy at first, but you prevailed. With Sherlock's suicide, and him being a complete dick, you never thought that you two would fall in love the way you did."

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes Sherl?" 

"I love this, don't get me wrong, but can we sit down. I-I really just want to hold you in my arms..." He said, almost like he was embarrassed.

"Of course." You said, surprised but eager that he said that.

Traveling to his leather chair, he flopped down and was sure to bring you in tow. You also flopped down onto his lap, and after that you were gone. You couldn't stop giggling at what he had just done. I know, it sounds stupid, but it was a laughable moment for some reason.

"Something funny dear?" He said quirking his eyebrow with a small smirk on his face."

"Oh, you know... The usual..." You said calming down, now just smiling at how adorable he is.

You wrapped your hands around his neck and laid on his shoulder, curling up in his lap. He tightly held on your waist and rested his hair on the top of your head, smelling in your wonderful aroma.

"I love holding you, I could do it for the rest of my life." He mumbled into your head.

"I could stay in your arms forever." You said into his neck.

After a few minutes you started to hum one of your favorite songs, "Someone New" by Hozier.(It's a really good song. Omg! Disclaimer: I know that the next lyrics are not actually how the song goes)

"I fall in love just little ol' little bit, everyday, when I'm with you..." You sang lightly.

"Mmm, I love when you sing darling. When you do, I know it sounds cheeky, but it feels like it gives my life meaning."

"Thank you. I love it when you go all detective on me. It's the hottest thing I've ever seen, if I'm totally honest."

He chuckled, "I'll make sure to do it more often then." Giving you a wink, he resumed his position with his head on top of yours.

"You know I actually do fall in love with you even more each day, right?" He said.

"I do too love, I do too." You stated back, closing your eyes and taking in his smell.

You both continued to stay in his seat, not daring to move from the warmth of each others bodies. You continued to hum, while he continued to smile, and you both stayed peacefully until it was time to go to bed.

I fall in love just a little ol' little bit, everyday, when I'm with you.....