A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Here it is!! Part three!!!

{I'm gonna skip the dancing part because I'm lazy, but rest assured, they both actually thought it was enjoyable.}

Tom's P.O.V

Wow...call me crazy, but..that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...it was actually kinda nice. Hm. This mortal is quite different than others.

"Uh..wow. That was...surprisingly fun..!" I let out a couple "ha's" out of nervousness.

"Yeah. I thought the same thing, actually." Aw, this nerd is blushing, haha. Oh wait..so am I....

"KISS HIM! DO IT!" shouted some random demons from the crowd. I assumed my first thought would be to kill those demons, but I surprised myself by just getting extremely embarrassed but excited. I could tell by the way he stared at me that Marco felt that way too.

A moment later, it appeared that everyone in the ballroom (even Star) was cheering, "KISS! KISS! KISS!" over and over again.

Before I could even begin to choose if I should kiss him or not, my thoughts were interrupted by a pair of slightly chapped but moist lips meeting mine.

Everyone went berserk. People were clapping and whooping as I stared at him in amazement.

Then, Marco softened his gaze, cupped my face with his hand and began to say, "I love you, To-," but that was when I woke up.

[End dream sequence]

"Huh?" I looked around, and all my eyes met was just my room.

"Hm..a dream?" I tried to recollect what had happened last night at the ball, but I noticed a note on my side demon (it's like a side table, but instead it's a demon). I opened it, and inside it read:

Dear Tom,

Hey! It's uh...me, Marco! Star is making me write this letter for you, so.... Anyways, you probably don't remember what happened last night, so I'll tell you. After we danced, you just kinda blushed and flared up, then you just passed out, no other words spoken. Star and I agreed to just take you home, since she remembered where you lived, and she felt kinda sorry (don't read into that too much though). Well, that's all that happened last night, hope you're okay I guess.

Yours Truly, Marco Diaz and Star Butterfly

P.S. I had fun last night, okay? Thanks...

Well that explains why I woke up here. Thanks, Star.

"Marco had fun dancing with me?" I said as I blushed slightly.

I took off my ball getup and threw on my normal ensemble, but the shirt was  tank top style instead. I put on my boots and went back to Earth. I had to talk to those two again.

I look around to see how close or far I was from Star's house. Hmmm, about a 10 minute walk from here. I start walking in the direction of Star's house.

*10 minutes later*

I think this is it. Yeah. I'm not gonna lie, Marco has a pretty nice house.

I knock on the door and wait nervously for a response. A woman and her husband greeted me at the door, must be Marco's parents. I asked them where Star and Marco were, and she said that they were at school right now. Oh that's right, the ball was on a Sunday. I asked them how to get to the school, thanked them, and made my way to the school.

I get to the school and walk in. Everyone here apparently remembers me from my last "appearance", as they kept looking at me and whispering to each other. I walked up to a girl with blonde hair with light blue streaks in them.

"Excuse me, um, do you know where Star Butterfly and Marco Diaz are?" I asked the girl.

"Uh, yeah, it's lunch time so they're probably chillin' in their usual spot, the stairs over there," she said as she pointed for directions. I shook her hand and thanked her.

I walked in the direction she pointed to, and sure enough, Marco and Star were chatting and eating on the stairs. I stopped a good few feet in front of them.

"Uh..hey again!" I said.

"Tom?! What are you doing here? And how'd you find us?" Marco said in response. "Are you back to try and take Star again?"

"Your mom and a student gave me directions. And actually, I came here to talk to you two. About..last night."

He and Star looked at each other for a second, then they cleared a spot for me.

"Thanks," I said.

"You wanna eat something?" Star asked as she handed me half of her sandwich. I politely declined (it had mustard in it, anyway).

"Okay, so what did you want to talk to us about, exactly?" Marco questioned.

"Oh, right! Uh, this is a little embarrasing, but...I had a dream about last night. And it was about me and Marco. Mostly," I confessed.

"What happened in this dream of yours?" Star asked.

"Well uh...I know this would never happen for real, but...basically, after we danced, Marco and I...k-k-kissed...." It was hard to utter that word with me and Marco in the picture.  I could tell by the looks on their faces that they felt the same way I did when I woke up.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa, what??? Come again???" said Star, in disbelief.

Marco didn't even say anything, he only blushed and sweated.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to make everyone uncomfortable, but I had to get it off my chest," I said.

"No, don't be sorry, it's good that you told us this. Somehow it's a good thing." Marco gave me a little nervous smile, and I gave one back.

"It's because of the blood moon, isn't it?" Star assumed.

"Yes, that's exactly it. Dreams are one of the first stages of being soul bound. Don't ask me why I know this, you wouldn't wanna know." Both Star and Marco didn't want to know.

"Wait, so does this mean I'll start getting dreams too?" Marco asked.

"No, but you're going to be carrying on the next stage: Conscious Thoughts. That basically means you'll be thinking about me a lot. You'll daydream of me and doing stuff with me, and it is uncontrollable, as are the other stages." I explained.

"Aw man! And I have a test this week too. How long do these stages last? And when will the next one start?" Marco asked.

"Well, they usually last for about a week, so I'll be dreaming about you until next week. After my stage is done, you'll begin to think about me a lot, usually romantically." I told him.

"Well how many stages are there?" Asked Star.

"Mmmmm, about ten I think. Yeah, ten stages." I said.

"What?! We have to keep this up for two and a half months?!" Marco exclaimed.

"Yeah...sorry." I said, guiltily.

We all sat there for a second, not talking. We were all thinking about how the next months are gonna turn out.

**RIIIIIIIING**

"Ah! That's the bell for passing period. We have to go now, Tom. Bye bye! I'm gonna head out, Marco!" Star said as she stood up.

"Okay, Star! Hey Tom, if you want, you can head back to our place and chill until we get back, which should be around three o' clock. Alright?" said Marco.

"Alright. I'll head over there." I responded. I was about to turn and go when I got pulled into a hug. It was from Marco.

"Thanks for being cool and helping us through this, Tom. You're really not as bad as I thought." Marco admitted.

"You're welcome, Marco." I said as I returned his embrace. We let go and waved goodbye to each other. So far, so good.

End of part three! Whew, finally. Took me a while. Gahhh they're so cute, this is fun. ♡♡♡♡