Chapter 2: Protection

"Did you guys look at any of the book bags in this room?" I asked, looking at Colleen.

She nodded her head and I walked over with her to a desk. There was a bunch of different snacks, water bottles, and two pocket knifes.

"Good, at least we have more weapons." I said.

"So what's your plan Lexa? There's still a lot of the undead out there." I heard Teddy say as he looked through the blinds of the window.

"Well," I sighed as I took a map of the school and looked at it. "Maybe we can stay here." I said as I looked at the others.

"Lexa, what about mom and dad? And Zach and Jacob?" Spencer asked me.

"Spencer have we heard from them? No. I mean I want to go home just as badly but not when we could get killed." I said, looking over at him.

It was hard saying that. Of course I wanted to go home to mom, dad, and our brothers. But it was dangerous and the other people in this school needed me to do something.

"Im just saying that we could have something here. Look, I say we go to the basement floor of the school and walk to the other end. We can find supplies in the janitors closet on the way there. But we take the stage curtains from the auditorium and use them to cover up the doors."

"It sounds like a good plan Lexa, but stage curtains aren't going to last holding the undead back." Colleen said.

"I know, but for the time being we will do this and then take out the undead that's outside. Then we will get more supplies. This is a huge school, we have to find others while we do this." I said and they all nodded there heads.

"How long should the rest of us wait till we go out to look for you?" Ryan asked me.

"Give us 5 hours. If we don't come back then you should send some others to look for us."

"Alright who do you want to go with you?" Colleen asked.

I looked around at everybody deciding who should come with me. "I'll take Skylar, Teddy, and Tanner. Colleen you stay here and you're in charge of everyone." I said to her.

"Lexa I want to go with you." Spencer said, looking at me.

"Spencer, I need you to stay here in case something happens out there. We need other strong people staying behind as well." I said to him.

"Alright I'll do that." He said.

I went over and handed Skylar, Tanner, and Teddy an empty backpack and a knife. I had a pair of scissors and a backpack.

"Alright we will fill the backpacks up with supplies we find along the way. But other than that lets get going." I said to them and they nodded. We turned on our flashlights and headed down the hallway.

Around 3 hours passed and we looked like we just fought in a war. There were a lot of zombies down on the basement floor. But good thing we found hammers in the janitors closet.

We finally got all the entrance doors covered up with the certainly from the stage. It was tough work but we did it and none of us got hurt, just really bloody.

"Alright we did good." I said to them, out of breath.

"Yeah but damn do I feel out of shape." Skylar said, and we all laughed.

"So what's the next step?" Tanner asked me.

"Well I think we should get the others and bring them here. Then clear out the last two floors of the building and we will then take care of outside. Okay?" I asked them and they nodded their heads in agreement.

We walked back over to the room that the others were all in. I opened the door and they just looked at us.

"Wow you guys look like a mess." Colleen said, chuckling at us.

"Just a little." I said to her. "But the basement floor and first floor are clear. Now we just have to clear out the second and third floor."

"We can all help you with that." Colleen said.

We all split up and got rid of all the undead inside. This was turning into a good thing, hopefully we could keep it this way. But we needed to do a lot before this could become a good protected area.
___________________________
Thanks guys for reading Chapter 2 of Leaders. I know this was a short chapter but I promise the next ones will be longer. But please vote and comment on what you would like to see next. Thanks bye!