Chapter 14: Destroy

Clarke's POV

I woke up early this morning and saw Lexa still asleep next to me. We had talked a lot last night and ended up falling asleep together.

I got up slowly and walked over to the drawing pencils and sketch pads that use to be Costia's. I grabbed a charcoal pencil and pad and sat down in Lexa's desk chair.

I looked at Lexa asleep in front of me and started to draw her, she looked so peaceful. Which was so hard to see when she was awake and leading her people. I hate that she feels like she can't be open with me. I want her to be able to talk to me.

As I sat there for almost an hour, I only had a little bit more to draw. I saw her shift in her bed but it was wasn't much. A few seconds later she sprung up awake, I could see sweat on her forehead.

"Hey you're okay," I say to her as I put down the drawing and sit next to her. "What were you dreaming about?"

"Spencer and Costia, they speak to me in my sleep. I saw them die right in front of me." She says rubbing her eyes.

"It was just a nightmare." I say to her.

"They kept saying I was doing something wrong, I was the reason they died."

"Lexa you didn't kill them. Costia had cancer, the Mountain Men killed Spencer you didn't." I state.

She nodded her head and stood up to get ready. She walked a few steps until she saw the picture of her I had drawn. She picked it up and looked at it and looked at me.

"It's not finished yet.." I said to her as I felt my cheeks get hot as I blushed.

She smiled a bit and was about to say something but there was a knock on the door.

"Enter!" She said out loud and I grabbed the drawing from her putting it away.

Bellamy, Skylar, and Octavia walked into the room. I notice Bellamy glance between Lexa and I for a second but then look at Lexa.

"Commander, we got our bags and supplies all set for the trip. After breakfast we will make our way to our camp if you that's alright with you." He says looking at Lexa.

"Thank you Bellamy, we will leave in one hour." She said nodding at him. "Skylar, can you make sure we have guns and ammo packed so we can trade."

"Yes Commander." She nods and leaves to go follow her orders.

Bellamy nods and leaves right behind Skylar. Octavia stands up straight looking at Lexa and I.

"Sorry to take your girlfriend away from you Commander but I need to speak with Clarke." Octavia said in her smart ass sarcastic tone.

"Go head." Lexa said not phased by what Octavia had said. Lexa turned and walked over to where her armor was and putting it on.

I bite my lip and look at Octavia's stupid smirk on her face. I grab her arm and pull her out into the hallway.

"Really?" I asked her as we began to walk.

"What? I think it's cute." She laughed. "The Princess and the Commander."

I smiled and just rolled my eyes, walking into the room Lexa had us staying in.

"Raven is going to love it when I tell her." Octavia laughed as she helped me pack my bag.

"Uh no you better not. Lexa and I aren't a thing, or not official or anything." I said to Octavia as I packed my bag and put on my gun holster.

"But you want to be."