Chapter 5: In Charge

"So what should we do about Clarke and her people?" Colleen asked me, as she sat down in a chair in front of my desk.

"Well I don't think they are that big of a threat but I want to see their camp." I said, looking at a map of our area.

"And how are you going to do that?" She asked.

"Well they have seen our place so we have to see theirs."

"Alright but you know Bellamy will probably flip out." She stated.

"Let's just say he better not." I said and then heard a knock on my door.

Colleen got up and opened the door revealing Clarke. She looked like she just woke up but damn, did she look beautiful. What am I saying?

"Good morning Commander, I was hoping we could talk?" She asked looking at me from behind Colleen.

"Sure, come in." I said as I nodded at Colleen to tell her she could go.

I stood up and walked over to my bed that was at the side of the room. I was already wear my dark blue jeans and a black tank top but the rest on my clothes were on my bed.

"So what would you like to discuss Clarke?" I asked, looking over at her. She was still standing but the door was close and she was a few steps away from it.

"Well I don't think you should come to our camp. We can take Raven back ourselves." She said to me.

I looked at her and just chuckled sarcastically for a second. "You really think you have a choice? We let you see our camp Clarke and we helped Raven. The least you can do is what I said. You were fine with this yesterday."

"Well things change Lexa." She said, saying my name. It was nice to hear her say it but I knew I had to keep my act.

"Let me guess, this was Bellamy's idea?" I asked and I saw her look slightly down. "Clarke you are their leader, you tell them what is going to happen and that's that."

"Yes but Bellamy is second in charge and I need to listen to what my people think is best."

"But you are the one that makes the decisions Clarke, so you can tell them and they should listen." I said seriously, as I put on a navy blue long sleeve shirt and thin metal armor on.

"Don't you care about what your people think?" She asked me.

"Of course but they count on me to make the right decision and they trust the decisions I make." I said as I grabbed my sword and put it on my back.

She nodded and thought about what I just said.

"How did you even become the leader Clarke?" I asked her.

"My friends and I had just gotten out of school and that's when we saw the walkers. I sprung into action and took them into the woods, and we got supplies." She said looking over at me.

"Same with me Clarke. We were chosen to be in charge and that's what we are doing right now for our people." I explain to her.

She nodded her head. "I guess you're right."

"Come on Clarke, breakfast is ready, we need to eat before we go." I said looking at her and she just nodded and walked out.

There was something about her they made me what to know more. She had a light to her that I felt like would get me out of my shell. But right now, I couldn't show feelings. After I lost one of the most important people in my life, it showed me how weak feelings made me.

I walked into the cafeteria and saw almost everyone there. A few people had to do jobs in the morning but other than that everyone was there. I looked around and saw Clarke and her group sitting with Colleen, Spencer, and Teddy.

"Lexa." Spencer said, getting up and hugging me.

I hugged him back tightly for a few seconds. He was my brother, the only one of my family I had left. Clarke looked over at us and I could tell she was questioning how we were so close.

I sat down at the table in front of Clarke and grabbed some grits and toast.

"So you and Spencer are close?" She asked, looking at me as she ate.

"Well he's my brother." I said looking at her.

She nodded her head and for the whole breakfast we discussed how we would get to Clarke's camp. Bellamy didn't seem to happy about it but he just let it go.

We got the truck prepared and laid Raven in the back. Monty and Jasper stayed in the back with her. Teddy was going to be driving with Bellamy in the passenger seat. That left Skylar, Clarke, and I to sit in the back seats.

Before we got ready to go I watched Clarke. I wondered how different her way of leading was to mine.

"Alright everyone lets go! I'd like to get back to my camp as soon as possible." I heard Clarke said as I watched her get into the car.

Well this was going to be interesting.
___________________________
Thanks guys for reading Chapter 5 of Leaders! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and I promise next one will be better. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, really busy with work and school. Anyway, please vote and comment, I love hearing from you. Thanks bye!