Chapter 16: The Fight

Lexa's POV

For two days we didn't hear anything from Bellamy. We would talk to him, at least give him some strength during the time the Mountain Men had him. Clarke talk to him the most, trying to at least give him the strength to do this. She cared for him, a lot. Right before we were about to attack through the tunnels, Raven heard from Bellamy.

The Mountain Men have been taking people, using them as their food source. We need to save the prisoners inside before they hurt anyone else.

"Lexa." I heard Clarke say as she walked into our tent.

"Yes?" I asked as I was sharpening my sword.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she stood and looked at me. She was dressed and had her gun belt on her and knife on her side. She looked amazing but I was so afraid. We were about to fight, and who knows what could happen to her.

"Yes." I said as I stood up and slide my sword in the scabbard behind my back. I was ready with my weapons and paint on my face.

"Here." She said as she held out a gun to me.

"Clarke I don't need that."

"I want you to have it." She pushed, she's been doing this ever since we've been getting ready.

"I don't need it Clarke, I'm better without one." I say to her.

"Lexa, I need to know that you will be safe, with this I'll know."

"Clarke," I sigh and put her hand down and walk to her. "I'll be safe, nothing is going to happen. Okay?"

She nodded and I kissed her forehead. "Let's go, time to go fight the Mountain."

We walked out of the tent and over to the entrance gate of Arkadia. Mostly everyone from Arkadia and my people were here to fight. Clarke and I stood in front of all of them, everyone ready with weapons and armor.

"Today, we fight the Mountain Men!" I yell, starting my short speech. "They have been a danger to us for too long! They have hurt, killed, and taken our people. It's time for them to pay for what they've done to us! Blood must have blood!" I shout and everyone begins to shout.

"Blood Must Have Blood, Blood Must Have Blood, Blood Must Have Blood!" My people began to shout with me and other began to as well, even Clarke.

"Let's fight!" I yell as Clarke and I lead the others to the main gate of the Mountain.

We walked for about two hours and finally reached the gate into the Mountain. We sat in our spots and waited, Bellamy was supposed to open the gate.

"Clarke, what if Bellamy can't open the gate?" I asked, looking over at her.

"I don't know.." She whispered, I could see the sadness and disappointment on her face.

Suddenly we heard gun fire and people shooting us from above. We had to take them out, maybe we could get in that way.

"Alright! I need a group to go with me, we will take out the people up above! We will open the gate when we find a way inside!" I yell and a bunch of people start to move out. "Clarke stay, wait till the gate opens."

"Lexa..." She was about to say but I moved, running up with my group.

We reached the top of the mountain above the gate. Mountain Men were shooting at us, arrows were flying through the air, people getting hurt. I cut through people with my sword, a few walkers going through the mix.

"Stop!" I heard a man yell as he walked over to me. Everyone held there weapons up but stopped shooting. "Commander right?"

"Yes, what do you want?" I said with anger, my sword still pointing at him.

"I want to make a deal. You stop this, we will give you back your people." He stated.

"And what about our people?!" I heard Octavia yell beside me.

"Well that's not the deal I'm making, only the Commander's people!" He yelled. "What do you say Commander?"

I stared at him hard and glanced over at Octavia. She looked at me confused, wondering if I was actually considering it. I could save all my people by doing this, but  Clarke would hate me. They killed my brother, they all deserved to die.

"They are my people." I whispered and stabbed him right through the heart. "Open the gates!" I yelled and everyone ran through, getting into the Mountain.

We got into the Mountain and ran through the halls, trying to find the control room. I ran down a hallway with Octavia and Teddy.

"Octavia!" We heard and turned and saw Bellamy.

"Bell!" Octavia yelled, running over to her brother. He smiled at her but looked directly at me.

"Follow me." He smiled and we ran down several hallways until we found the control room. Monty was already there trying to hack the computer system.

"Monty can you unlock the front gate?" I asked as he was typing away.

"Hold on..." He said as he pressed the last few keys. "Opened!"

I nodded and ran as fast as I could through the halls to the front gate. Several of our people were running through the front gate, trying to help. Clarke finally got through and I ran to her.

"You're okay." She said putting her hand on my cheek.

"Yes, but we have to find our people Clarke." I say to her.

She nodded and we both ran through the hallways again. We ran into two Mountain Men, Clarke quickly pulled out her gun and shot one of them. I pulled out my knife my threw it, stabbing the other in the chest.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she turned around to face me.

"Yeah." She smiled and I saw a Mountain Men in the corner of my eye about to shoot Clarke.

I pushed Clarke out of the way and felt excruciating pain in my stomach and leg. I heard a third gun shot and saw the man fall as I fell to the ground.

"Lexa!" I heard Clarke's voice scream as I fell. I saw her face look at me with worry before everything went black.
__________________________
Hey everyone! Thanks for reading Chapter 16 of  Leaders. I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a long while, college has been super busy! But anyway please comment and vote, I really love hearing from all of you. The next chapter will definitely be better, I promise! Thanks guys! Bye!