Chapter 20: Polis

Lexa's POV

Three weeks have passed since I've arrived back to my people. Things have been going really well and over time we've decided to call our place Polis. We've been making progress and we're deciding on where we should expand but haven't set up camp anywhere yet.

"Commander," I hear someone say as they knock on my door.

"Come in." I state, seeing Octavia walk through the door. "What is it?"

"Well I think we finally have a place we can settle." She says excitedly, as she folds out the map she was holding onto my desk.

Octavia has been staying at Polis ever since I got back. She's been going out with others finding the best areas to expand our community. Bellamy has stayed back at Arkadia, he's been in charge ever since Clarke left.

"It's about a five day trip east, but the location is right near the beach. Few walkers were around the area while we were there but it's a different scenery and there's lots of fish to be caught." Octavia says with a smile, very proud of the place she found.

"That sounds like a great place to start." I say as I look at the map. "Get a group of ten ready to depart tomorrow. Seven that will stay with you and help build walls and three that will come back with me." I say.

"Will do Commander." She says and grabs her map, heading out the door.

I sigh as I sit down on my bed. If only Clarke was here to see how far we've come.

The next morning, ten of us headed out on our five day journey. Teddy would be staying with Octavia and the others to help build the place, and Skylar would be coming back with me and the rest back to Polis after we dropped the others off.

While I was recovering at Arkadia, Colleen and the others were able to find horses from farms around the area. We now used them as our main source of transportation since gas was getting harder to find.

Our journey has been going smoothly with little to no bumps in the road. We are only about a day away from our location.

"I really think this is gonna be a good beginning for the expansion." Octavia says, looking over at me.

"I do too." I say with a slight smile. I'm hoping that this will all work out.

But as soon as I think that I hear the moaning from walkers out in the distance. I look to our right and see a horde of walkers heading straight towards us.

"Everyone! Keep heading towards the beach fast, I'll lead them away!" I yell.

"Let's go!" Skylar yells, following my orders, leading everyone as they trot east.

"Commander, I'm coming with you." Octavia says, looking at me.

"No, go with the others. They need someone to lead them while I'm not there." I yell.

"You can't go alone." She yells back.

"Octavia, now! I'll lead them up north away from you guys then head east to the beach. I have a map I'll be fine." I state.

She looks at me but then nods her head. "Be safe." She says and then turns, her horse trotting after the others.

I stay where I am and make noise, leading the walkers closer to me. We they are a close enough distance I move my horse, making her trot north, the walkers following me.

For two hours I lead the walkers far enough away from the others. "Alright let's get out of here." I say to the horse, having her run fast away from the walkers.

When I can't see the walkers I turn and head east, heading towards the beach so I can at least be somewhat close to the others. The horse slows to a walk and I start to think about Clarke. I've tried so hard to distract myself from thinking about her but times where I'm by myself it's hard not to.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I get bucked off my horse and fall flat on my back. The air gets knock out of me and I turn and see my horse running away. I look to my other side and see a few walkers heading toward me. I get up feeling pain in my side and take out my knife, stabbing walkers.

I kill the ones close to me but hear more out in the distance coming towards me and start running. I ran as far as I can before I feel my leg starting to hurt. I look around and see an old cabin in the distance and start running to it. I get to it and run inside, closing the door.

"Shit." I whisper to myself but then feel a hand grab my shoulder.

I'm quick to react, grabbing them and spinning them around, taking my knife, putting it up against her throat. It takes me a second to adjust to the light to see who it is.

"Lexa?" I hear her soft voice say and I look into her eyes. The ocean blue eyes I let break my walls down are staring back at me.

"Clarke. You.." I had so much emotion running through my body. Tears were in my eyes and anger was running through me as I looked at her.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, looking at me. I backed up, dropping the knife on the floor and clenching my fists. I stumble from the pain in my leg and catch myself up against a wall.

"Lexa you should sit.." she starts to say but I can't hear it.

"Don't." I say, closing my eyes to clear my head.

I hear another door open and see a women walk out, wearing a tank top and jeans on. "Clarke, is everything okay?" She asks, looking at her and glancing at me.

"Yes Niylah, just go back to sleep. It's just someone I know." She says and Niylah nods, going back in the room.

"I've got to get out of here." I say with anger as I stumble towards the door but Clarke grabs me.

"Lexa, it's not safe, it's dark."

"Since when do you care if I leave, you left me!" I yell, looking at her. I didn't know I was crying till I felt tears falling down my face, hitting my chest.

"I'm sorry Lexa." She says and let's go of me. "Just stay on the couch tonight, please. We can talk in the morning."

I just remain quite and stumble over to the couch and lay down, passing out as soon as I watch Clarke walk over and into the room.

_______________________________
Wow, it's been a long time since I wrote for this story. I hope you all aren't mad at me but I spent all day reading this book and wrote the next chapter. You won't have to wait long for the next one I promise! I hope it was worth the wait and I will be rewriting the previous chapters a bit to make them sound better. Same story line though. Let me know how you like this one. I love reading your comments! Thanks! Bye!