Chapter 11: Collision

Anne's POV

I peeled my eyes open to see white curtains and myself dressed in a gown laying in a bed. I blinked a few times, and looked around. I felt a bandage wrapped around my head. Where was I?

"You're finally up", a voice said.

I looked over to see a boy sweeping a the floor. His hair was dirty blonde and messy. He spoke in German. I looked around to see nurses rushing around in the hall. I tried sitting up, but the throbbing pain rushed to my head. 

"Ow!" I said, pressing against my head.

The boy looked up and dropped his broom to rush next to me. 

"Do you need a nurse?" He asked.

"I'm fine."

He examined my bandage around my head.

"Here. Let me fix that," he said reaching up to my head.

The boy put his hand around my neck as he fixed my bandage.

"Um.. thanks," I said.

Suddenly, Peter appeared at the door way. 

"Oh, um hello Anne," Peter said.

He looked uncomfortable, and his eyes looked around the room nervously.

"You can come in," I said.

"Okay," he said. I saw a small grin flash across his face.

"Well I should get back to work," the boy said looking at both of us. His eyebrow was arched slightly as he took his broom and left.

"Was he a nurse?" asked Peter.

"I don't think so. He was just sweeping," I said, shrugging.

"Oh."

There weren't any chairs in the room, so I patted the space next to me for him to sit.

He sat down next to me.

"So you're okay?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"Yeah," I said. I felt my heart beating getting faster. I thought to myself, do something Anne!

I reached over and put my hand over his hand and gently wrapped my fingers around his hand. 

"I heard what you said," I looked at him. I could barely speak, I was shaking. I was on the verge of stuttering.

"What?" He said.

"About not losing me."

"Oh." His face turned red.

"I don't want to lose you either," I smiled at him. 

All of a sudden, I felt another rush, except this time it was bigger. Like I couldn't feel my arms, my legs or anything. I swallowed in nervousness. I squeezed his hand tighter. I felt his hand squeeze mine.

Suddenly, he quickly leaned in and... kissed me.