Chapter 13: Reveal

Chapter 13: Reveal

Anne's POV

I was still pondering about her insight to my problem with Peter. Had things changed this much between us in a few weeks compared to 3 long years? Cold shouldered, pessimistic Peter to the caring, kind-hearted, brave Peter. I replayed the moment he kissed me. The stillness of the air was pierced with his kiss. The warmth of his presence was so close to me with his soft yet firm lips.

"Anne? Hello?" Peter said, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I said snapping back to reality. I felt my face getting hot when I looked back to Peter.

"Anne, are you okay?" He laughed seeing the redness of my face.

"Um yeah." My face turning redder the second.

"You can't be sick again! You just got released from the hospital." He laughed again putting his hand over my shoulder and giving it a comforting squeeze.

I chucked and said "well if you keep laughing at me I just might still be sick!"

Suddenly, his face got closer closing the gap between us with his lips on mine. His hands cupped my cheeks tenderly.

"Anne, I really like you. I know you've been thinking about what happened the other day in the hospital. You always overthink things, and I just wanted to let you know my intentions. I like you Anne. This time feels different than all those times in the attic. I don't know how else to explain it!"

"I-I feel the same way Peter. You've been driving me insane this past week since we've been here in the States. And I know it's because I hadn't really gotten to know the real you."

My heart was racing. I wrapped my arms around his neck, embracing him. I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I pulled away, but just enough to look at him before kissing him. Him, my Peter.

"Anne?!" I heard a familiar voice.