Chapter 12: Just Us

Chapter 12: Just Us

Peter's POV

I'm pretty sure I was choking on my heart as it beat rapidly. 

Her face was flustered, and her breathing was shallow as we broke the kiss. Someone knocked at the door, startling both of us. A nurse walked in.

"I'll wait outside," I said, and left quickly.

I walked a ways down the hall replaying what had just happened over and over. I let out a big sigh as I slid down to the floor along the hallway wall.  That had been the second time I kissed her. Only this time, she kissed me back.

Maybe it was the fact that we were together in this crazy city. Just us.

We weren't cooped up in a tiny section of a building with everyone breathing down our necks. It was just us. 

For some reason, the thought and possibility of never seeing my parents anymore doesn't hurt as much when I'm with her. Does she feel the same way? She was panicking when we first arrived here, but it all seems different now with... just us.

Anne's POV

"Someone special you say?" the nurse said. 

I looked down and grinned, "yeah, something like that."

"So why are you confused, dear?"

"We've kissed before. Well to be exact, he kissed me. When we were hiding, I never saw him like I have since we came here. What if that changes again?"

"Everyone's views change all the time. It comes with age, and a change of circumstance." 

She gave me a reassuring smile, and left. 

Only time would tell what would happen between us. Just us.