Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I went home that day at 5 to find my brother in a suit and tie and cooking some food. I walked next to him and took off my glasses.

“What’s cooking good-looking? I joke and pulled his tie out of the pan he was currently using. It was almost touching the spaghetti sauce he was making. He was actually a good cook, only he’s really clumsy and oblivious with stuff.

“Spaghetti and cookies,” He mutters.

I looked at the table and spotted his to-die-for cookies. I sneakily walked over there and tried to grab a cookie. He caught me and smacked my hand lightly with his wooden spoon thingy. “Don’t touch,” He says sternly.

I pouted, “Just one please?”

He stared at me for a while and sighs, “Only one.”

I grinned and kissed him on the cheek. “You’re the best,” I say and stuffed a cookie into my mouth. He rolls his eyes at my sloppy eating. I moaned in delight. Once I finished I said, “So why the hell are you cooking?”

“I have to make dinner for prince charming and his future beta who’s coming over to stay at the pack house,” He says gruffly. I tensed up. Luckily, he didn’t notice it and resumed back to stirring his spaghetti sauce. “I heard he’s already here. He better find his mate today so I don’t have to do this ever again.” Well that explains a lot. He wouldn’t cook for just anybody.

“Why do you have to wear a suit and tie while cooking though?” I ask.

“Dad wants me to get used to it because I’ll have it on for a long time. It’s too tight for me so it’s really uncomfortable.” He adds cockily, “At least I look attractive.”

“I don’t know what type of girls you attract but I know that not many like a guy who looks like he’s constipating,” I bluntly say. “And why is your hair like that.” I ruffled his neatly gelled hair, making it back into his usual messy hairstyle.

“Mom did it for me,” He answers. “I don’t want it either but she says she’s going to kill me if I mess it up.”

“Oops,” I grinned at him. He just shrugs.

“Jason, is Grace home yet?” I heard my mom call.

“Yeah she’s in the kitchen,” Jason yells back.

“Oh good,” She rushes to the kitchen and looked horrifyingly at Jason’s hair. “What on earth happened?!”

“I did that mom,” I say before Jason speaks. “He looks much better with his messy hair.”

“He has to look formal! This is royalty we are seeing!”

“It’s not like we’re going to meet the king and queen though,” I argue. “This is their son, also known as a rebellious teenager. Don’t you think that you’re going a little bit overboard with this?”

“No, of course not” She says, “I just want to set a good example. Also, I need to get you in a dress young lady.”

“Um, no thanks mom. I don’t want to go to this formal thing.” To be honest, I really didn’t. He could recognize me.

“You have to Grace. What if he’s your mate?”

I rolled my eyes and smoothly lied, “I doubt that he will be. What are the chances of him finding his mate in such a small city like this?”

“You never know,” She says after thinking for a while. “But fine, since you don’t want to, I won’t force you to.”

“How sexist,” I heard Jason mumble under his breath.

“I’m not being sexist Jason,” Mom tells him, “You’re the next beta. You have to go.”

“I don’t mind going, Mom. I just don’t like looking like this.”

“At least let him pick what to wear,” I try to defend.

“No,” Mom says.

“Please,” I pout. It always works when my glasses are off, god knows why. I’m ugly as hell with and without my glasses.

She sighs, “I swear those eyes will be the death of me. But I have to approve of what he’s wearing.”

“Thanks mom,” I grinned and peck her cheeks.

“Yeah, yeah,” She grumbles and walks out the kitchen.

“You saved me,” Jason says pulling me into a hug. He turns the stove off. He’s probably finished with dinner. He then tells me that he’s going to change.

I smiled and went up to my room. The dinner will be held at the pack house and I am glad for it. My wolf has been whining all day long about Ryder so if I see him, I’d probably jump on him and rip all his clothes off. An unfamiliar sensation came from down there at the thought of him naked underneath me. My heart was thumping erratically and I had to stop my thoughts. Was I getting turned on? Oh my god, now that I think about it, if he notices I’m his mate, then we’d probably have sex! I’m not ready yet to have sex with him or anybody at all!

Lily was probably suffering too, seeing as she is the Alpha’s daughter. I called her phone and she picked up immediately.

“Help,” Was all she said.

“Don’t tell me you’re getting forced into the dinner?” I reply.

“Yep,” She says popping the ‘p’. I felt bad for her and was almost considering about going to the dinner just for her. I couldn’t be selfish. There I am, chilling at my house eating a bowl of popcorn and watching our favorite TV shows and she’s at the dinner wearing some sort of stupid dress and listening to whatever is going on being bored as hell.

“I’m not going,” I tell her.

“Can you go with me please?” She begs.

“No,” I say, “You know I can’t.”

“I know,” She sighs, “Can I come over after this stupid thing is done?”

“Yeah and how about this? I’ll prepare your favorite PJs and make you a nice bowl of cup noodles. Then we can make some smores and watch a movie. After that, we can go on our laptops and go on Tumblr, pull an all-nighter and do each other’s hair and makeup.” I cringed at the last thing I said. I didn’t mind people doing that for me but I sucked at doing it.

I heard her squeal in delight. “Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Oh my goodness, I can’t wait! You’re the best!”

I grinned, “I know.”

I heard her mom say something in the background.

“Well I should go now. I’ll text you during the dinner. Make sure you keep your phone on!”

“I promise,” I say and we said bye to each other. We hung up and I changed into my pajamas. Jason was already gone and he left some cookies on the table. He put a thank you note on the plate and I smiled happily.

At least my life wasn’t so boring now. I might as well enjoy what I have right now because I know that on Monday, something might happen. Plus, cookies are the ultimate stress relievers. I take the batch and lay down on the couch waiting for Lily to text me.