Bonus Chapter (1)

Ryder's POV

"And when you find your mate, make sure Lily and I are the first ones to find out," Grace warns Dean.

"Aye, aye captain," He grins and I felt the sudden urge to punch him in the face, again.

She walks to him and gives him a big hug. He had the nerve to hug her back. I was about to let out a growl before my wolf interrupted me.

'I wonder if she'll ever hug us like that,' He said.

'She will. She's our mate remember?' I replied, not taking my eye off of them.

'But she's known Dean ever since middle school. We'll never share the same bond they both have together.'

I remained silent when they parted from their hug. Grace ruffles his hair playfully before giving him her award-winning smiles. Will she ever do that to me? I hated it when my hair gets messed up but I'd let it slide with her. I don't think she even wants to mess it up like she did to Dean.

What if Dean and her had a thing for each other before I came? Maybe that's why she ran away from me on the first day I came here?

Ever since that day, I couldn't get her out of my head. I couldn't even hook up with another girl without thinking about her. Damn, she's got me so whipped.

I didn't think it'd affect me as much as it did when she told me that I'll never be a good alpha king. I've been told that by many people but for some reason, her words hurt the most and my wolf and I had no idea why.

Alex, my best mate, was devastated when Lily got kidnapped. I couldn't describe how I felt. My wolf was jumpy all day and he felt restless. He kept whispering, 'go after her, go after her.' I ignored him though. I thought Jason could handle everything since he was Grace's brother.

When I heard her howl, I instantly knew that it was my mate. I shifted as quickly as I could, making sure to carry my clothes with me. I wasn't going to let her escape from me that time. And when I saw her being carried by another wolf, whimpering in pain, I nearly lost it. I wanted to kill anybody for hurting her.

I never thought my mate would be Grace. She was extremely gorgeous, I couldn't lie, but I couldn't ever picture myself with her.

She was so... quiet. Well, until she verbally attacked me on my first day of school, which I deserved. Jason threatened me to never go near her. I was about to leave her alone until I saw her walk into the building with a sad expression on. I looked around and nobody even took a single glance at her. I had to talk to her. My wolf couldn't stand seeing her so sad. So I tried to tease her a bit. And you know the rest: we ended up arguing, Jason comes, they argue, and she ends up leaving school to cry. I still can't help but feel a little guilty about that right now.

When she yelled at Jason and left, he looked upset. I don't think he really meant what he said. I know I didn't.

She doesn't deserve me.

She shouldn't deserve somebody as worthless as me. If it weren't for my ranking and blood, she probably would have straight-up rejected me. Hell, I slept with a different girl each week before I met her. My dad doesn't even want to look me in the eye anymore.

Well, my dad is a different story though. When I was younger, I tried my best to make him proud. I got straight A's in elementary school, I trained my wolf every day, and I did everything he said. But nothing satisfied him. Any small mistake I made, he would always use it as an excuse to put me down. It always made me angry. It always made me feel like I was never enough.

I went down the steps of Luke's house and set Lily's luggage in Jason's trunk. I get inside the backseat with Grace sitting next to me. I catch Dean wave to Grace and she waves back.