Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

“C’mon, can we go now?” I pleaded.

“No,” She says sternly. “We’ve only been shopping for two hours.”

“Only?” I say in disbelief. “Dude, the party starts in two hours.”

“We can be late then,” Lily says simply and wiggles her brows, “Unless you want to get back to Ryder so he can finally mark you.”

I gave her a dried look and she grins at me.

I shook my head and glanced at the three muscular guys behind us. Was it really necessary for Ryder and Alex to give us three intimidating bodyguards? They were really scary and it looked like they’d do anything but babysit two girls.

They were chatting among each other right now.

I had known that Ryder’s pack was really strong but damn, these guys were humongous. And he called them normal pack members. I can’t wait to see what the others are like.

Lily said to Alex and Ryder that we needed some ‘girl’ time alone so they walked off somewhere else, but they left us with three bodyguards. So technically, we aren’t really alone. And they were all mated too.

“One last store, okay?”

“Fine,” I replied gruffly. We ended up walking to the other side of the mall, which took us ten minutes. This mall was seriously huge.

“Why are we at the salon?” I asked her.

“I want to dye my hair,” She replies.

I groan. “Isn’t that going to take you an hour though?!”

“It’s not just me,” She says.

My eyes widened in realization of what she just said. “Oh no, no, no, no, no. You are not making me dye my hair.”

“Please?”

“No,” I say firmly. “I actually like my black hair.”

She pouts, “Please Grace?”

“That’s not going to work on me, and no.”

She sighs. “Fine. I’ll dye my hair by myself.”

“What color are you even thinking about?”

“I want to be a brunette. Or maybe I’ll get black hair like you. Or maybe I’ll dye it red. I don’t know. What color do you think Alex will like?”

“So you’re just doing this for Alex?” I asked flatly.

“Not just for him. I want some change in my life.”

“Well I like your naturally blonde hair,” I say.

“Well, I don’t,” She snaps.

I let out a loud sigh. “Fine then. Go and dye your hair. Just don’t expect me to wait in there for an hour.”

“Shouldn’t you get a haircut though?”

“What’s wrong with my hair?” I asked defensively.

“Nothing is wrong with it,” She rolls her eyes. “You were complaining that it was too long last week so I thought right now would be a good time to cut it.”

I groaned for what  seemed like the tenth time this past hour. “I don’t really want to right now.”

She sighs. “Okay, I’ll just go in the salon myself.”

“I’ll go eat some stuff then at the cafe.”

She looks at her phone. “Alex and Ryder said they’ll meet us there in a couple of minutes. Can you get them to wait for me for an hour?”