Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

“We will never sleep cause sleep is for the weak. And we will never rest till we’re all fucking dead.”

I was woken up by the blast of my alarm. Oli Syke’s voice filled my ears and I groaned loudly, looking for my phone underneath my pillow to shut it off.

Damn Lily for making me set a screamo song as my alarm!

When I found my phone, I shut it off and looked at the time. It was 5AM and I had to get ready to go to school.

But something felt a little bit off. I felt like this wasn’t my bed. It was too soft to be. Something heavy was also on my body and I couldn’t really move.

“Jesus Christ, Grace,” I hear Ryder say as if he just woke up. “Why the hell do you have an alarm set at 5AM on a Saturday?”

And then I realized that I really wasn’t dreaming. I actually am in L.A. and I had a confrontation with Ryder’s supposedly fiancée last night. I had just been woken up by a stupid alarm that I forgot to turn off and the most embarrassing part was that it woke my mate up too and he had to hear my music.

“I forgot to turn it off,” I say tiredly and snuggled more into him.

“Was that Bring Me The Horizon?” He asked, sounding more awake. Well, at least he was okay with it.

“The one and only.” I felt my eyelids get heavier.

I hear him chuckle. “We’ve slept for about seven hours already. I think we should get up.”

“I don’t wanna,” I say in a whiny voice.

“C’mon, I have a birthday party today and you probably don’t have a gift so the best gift I want is for you to spend the day with me.”

I scoffed and forced my eyes open. The sun was coming up and I can almost see him. I’m pretty sure he was staring at me.

“We’ll start off the day together by sleeping, kay?” I say grumpily.

“Fine then,” He says. “I’ll take a shower and let you rest for a while.”

“Fantastic,” I say and shut my eyes.

Ryder chuckles again and gets up, the warmth I was feeling earlier leaving. I almost wanted to pull him back but I refrained from doing so.

I hear his bathroom door open and close. After a couple of seconds, my phone vibrated and I almost screamed in frustration because I couldn’t sleep.

I checked my collar ID. It was Jason. And he was calling me at 5AM. I knew something was wrong because he never wakes up this earlier, even if we are in different time zones.

I answered the phone.

“So, mum and dad found out,” Was the first thing he said to me.

“Shit, really?” I said surprised and sat up from bed. “How?”

“You weren’t picking up your phone when they called you and you’re usually awake around this time, since it is 8 O’clock over here. So instead, mum and dad called me. And I might have panicked told them that you ran away to LA with your mate.”

I slapped my forehead. “Nice, Jason. Real nice. How did they react?”

“They yelled at me. Dad sounded really pissed. Mum sounded sad. They’re coming home earlier. They’ll probably be here tomorrow.”

“You think mom will enroll me in the school here?”

“Once I explain to her what happened, then yeah maybe.”