Chapter 16: Christmas with the Avengers part 2

"Hey Caroline?" Peter said

"Yeah?" I said

"I'm sorry for breaking down like that." He said

"It's fine I would break down too." I said

"Did your parents die peacefully?" He asked

"No actually." I said

"What?" He asked

"Yeah." I said

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked

"Well." I took a breath.

Flashback

It was the third year into the civil war. I had just came home from school when I heard what happened to my dad.

"Hey mom I'm home." I said but got no response.

"Mom?" I asked then I heard crying. I walked to where my mom was.

"Mom what's wrong?"  I asked and she handed my the letter. I started to cry.

"Why did you have to die dad." I asked. A few months later a vampire came into my house but I didn't know that he was a vampire until he killed my mother. I watched him kill her. I was consumed with vengeance that I didn't know that he would turn me into one of him. But I gave up on searching for him until the night that he turned me.

"I didn't know I'm sorry." He said

"It's ok." I said

"We should get dressed Aunt May will be here in an hour." I said and he nodded. We got dressed and headed towards the elevators to meet Aunt May.

"Hey Aunt May." Peter said

"Hey Peter and hi Caroline you look lovely." She said and I smiled

"Thank you and you look good too." I said and she laughed.

"Ok so your room will be next to Peter and I's room. I will take your bag." I said and grabbed it before she could protest. I put her bag down and went back to Peter and her.

"Come on I want you to meet everyone." I said and grabbed her hand. I went to the living room and found no one. Then I went to the gym to see if anyone was there but I could only find Clint and Nat.

"Clint and Nat get over here I want you to meet someone." I said and they ran over here.

"Aunt May I would like you to meet Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff. Natasha and Clint this is Aunt May." I said

"Nice to meet you." Clint said

"Nice to meet you." Nat said

"Nice to meet you both." She said

"Do you know where everyone else is?" I asked.

"Well Steve is in the kitchen with Loki and Thor making cookies. Bruce and Tony are in the lab like always." Nat said and I laughed.

"Only Tony and Bruce would be in the lab on Christmas Eve." I said

"Yeah that's typical Tony and Bruce for you." Clint said and we all laughed.

"I'll see you guys later." I said and walked to the lab.

"Tony and Bruce." I said and they looked up.

"What do you want Caroline?" Tony asked

"Well I wanted you two to meet Aunt May." I said

"Come back in an hour." Tony said. I turned to Aunt May and Peter.

"Give me 30 seconds." I said and walked back into the lab. I grabbed Tony by the ear and he yelped.

"You are going to meet her now and not in an hour." I harshly whispered.

"Ok ok I'll meet her." He said

"Good." I said with a smile.

"Peter you can come in now." I yelled and he walked in.

"Aunt May this is Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. Tony, Bruce this is Aunt May." I said

"Nice to meet you." Tony and Bruce said at the same time.

"Same here." Aunt May said. We walked to the kitchen next.

"Steve, Loki, and Thor this is Aunt May. Aunt May this is Steve, Loki, and Thor." I said

"Nice to meet you all." She said

"Nice to meet you." They said at the same time.

"Caroline can you taste this cookie dough?" Steve asked

"Sure." I said and tasted it.

"This is good." I said

"Aunt May taste this." I said and she did.

"It's delicious." She said. We stayed in the kitchen until the cookies were done. When they were all cooled down we each had one and they were really good.

"Good job guys." I said and gave them high fives.

"Caroline I have nothing to wear come and help me." Nat said

"Ok Nat I'm coming." I said

"Is Jane coming Thor?" I asked

"Yes she is." He said

"Yay I get to see my best friend." I said and went to help Nat. A few minutes later I got her dressed. We walked to the living room and I saw Jane.

"Merry Christmas Jane." I said

"Merry Christmas to you too." She said. The party was so much fun. We joked around, opened gifts, sang Christmas songs, and played games. Christmas Day was just like the day before. I'm so glad that I had spent this Christmas with everyone.