Seven - Bracelets

Seven – Bracelets

I tried to release my hand from Randy's grip but he stared straight at me, his dark eyes stern and his grip getting tighter.

"Let go Randy, you're hurting me."

Something in his eyes softened and he let go off my hand and ran a frustrated hand through his blonde hair—tousling it more. "Hey Adrianna, it's been too long huh?"

I glared at him. "What do you want? It's getting late, I'm a girl and this is New York."

"I'll walk you home then."

"No, thank you." I spat coldly.

He looked hurt. "Adrianna," he started again softly. "Please don't be like that towards me."

I scoffed and folded my arms haughtily. "After everything? Too late Randy Turner. Why are you even back with Doris anyways? You want to hurt her again?"

"I love Dor, I would never hurt her." he retorted with a defensive tone.

I stared at him; my mouth agape. "It's funny how you can be so fake."

"I'm not being 'fake'. I fucked up okay? I made a mistake. And I missed Doris—like hell okay?" he laughed dryly. "And I'm just being the good guy and making things right. So don't you dare judge me."

I scoffed. "A mistake? My sister was a mistake? Riley was a mistake?"

He didn't say anything and kept his gaze anywhere but on me. I couldn't help but scoff. There you have it, remember when I said that Randy swore never to date anyone unless she's a senior or older? Yeah. He had dated my sister sophomore year—after he had started dating Doris. Riley was three years older than Randy but she believed in age is just a number. Whenever I'd go to Riley's, she'd always gosh about her 'boyfriend'. I never met him; all I knew and heard was that he was blond, cute and the sweetest person ever. We never met, until I came over one day and caught him in Riley's house.

I'd hated him since then and always felt uncomfortable around him—whether he was with Doris or not. He had always stared at me; as if he was scared I would tell. Sometimes, I laughed at it, because he was so sweet and put up a pretty damn good façade. People like Randy were the devil himself. He had promised that if I kept it a secret, he'd change and he'll break up with Riley and only focus on Doris, but he didn't. He kept on dating Riley whenever he and Doris had one of their numerous fights. He kept using my sister as a fucking rebound. And it seemed Riley had broken off things with him—considering on what she told me about the cute Australian transfer kid. Now, I definitely knew he was using Doris as a rebound and I wasn't going to let him get away with it. I was going to tell Doris, whether or not she was going to hate me forever—I was ready to take it.

After a long minute of silence, I finally glanced at him. "Tell me something," I gave him a stern look. "Did you really want Doris back? Or is it because my sister dumped you?"

"Riley didn't dump me!" he yelled defensively. "We just came to an agreement to split 'cause we went to different schools and we were –"

"I don't care Randy. Answer. The. Question." I glared at him with so much venom that if looks could kill, he'd be dead and rotten by now.

He scratched the back of his head. "No, I – I really wanted Doris back."

"You hesitated."

"I didn't. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't go telling Doris lies."

I narrowed my eyes and shook my head angrily before walking out of the dark corner. "No, I won't. Because I won't be telling her a lie, I'd be telling her the plain, utter, complete truth."