Sixteen - Customized Hoodies

Sixteen – Customized Hoodies

Wednesdays were the days Doris and I usually liked to hang at the library. This Wednesday however, because Hans had gone on a vacation and I'd gotten a free day from Amanda who was currently manning the diner in his absence, Doris had decided to drag me along for cheerleading practice.

And let me tell you, watching a bunch of frilly girls in frilly skirts screaming at the top of their lungs as they did death worthy stunts of somersaulting and flinging themselves in the air just 'cause it was 'fun', wasn't the best way to spend ones' afternoon.

Especially when you weren't interested in the cheerleading or the hot, sweaty testosterone oozing football players.

Doris continuously checked up on me, giving me what I think were supposed to be encouraging waves and smiles that I weakly returned even though I wasn't feeling encouraged at all. I didn't know how many people fell asleep whilst watching hot football players running around and making gorilla noises or whilst watching to see which cheerleader was going to die first from each somersault they were doing but I was on the way to being the first one.

My phone buzzed, interrupting me and I smiled when I read the id being my sister. I immediately frowned when a thought came to mind that the only people who called me were my sister, Doris, Aiden and occasionally Hans when he needed to remind me how late I was. Damn, I needed more friends.

"Adrianna?"

"Hey Riley."

"Hey," I could hear the smile in her voice. "So, I was calling to ask if you're still up for my Equilibrium Ball?"

Riley's school had this weird thing they called the Equilibrium Ball that held once a year at their school. It was pretty cool; with formal clothing, pageants, raffle draws and good punch. And although she always made me go every year, I just couldn't understand why they would name a stupid ball after a chemistry equation. I couldn't say I completely loathed it, but it was kind of hard when I didn't know anyone and Riley was always being a bad sister – ditching me every time, with the excuse that I needed to mingle and get to know people if I was coming there for college.

Pft, I was going to NYU.

"Yeah, it's not like I have a choice right?" I sighed, picking at a loose string on my school skirt.

"Adrianna, please don't make it seem like I force you to be here every year, its bad image for me you know?"

"You do force me to be there." I deadpanned.

She scoffed, "Well, whatever. All I'm saying is; do you, like, need a ride or something? I mean, since you're so lazy that you can't get your license like a normal teenager..."

"Excuse me if it's not my fault that I'm scared of driving."

"Uh-huh. Do you need a ride or not?"

"No, I'll get there on my own," hm, maybe I could bring Aiden along... fifth date... I almost grinned. "Besides, I think I'll bring a few of my own friends. Gets a little lonely all on my own you know."

She scoffed rapidly and I could almost see her rolling her eyes, "Whatever,"

A smile came to my lips when I realized that I'd made her feel guilty, when I saw Doris running towards me, waving her hand like she was trying to tell me something. "Okay, so I would totally keep hounding you but luckily for you, I can see my best friend running towards me like she's on drugs or something so later, Riley!"