Chapter nine: Hate Me

💭yay! Sooooo many reads I love it and all of you!!! I had to put up this mustang chibi because omfg look at how freaking adorable- I can't- it's just so cute. The contest is still open for the summary, since no one has commented yet, but enjoy this chapter! Bye!💭

-
"Hate me today. Hate me tomorrow. Hate me for all the things I didn't do for you.
Hate me in ways, yeah, ways hard to swallow. Hate me so you can finally see what's good for you."
Blue October, "hate me"
-

Ana woke up in a strange place.

The light seeping through the crack in between the two curtains of the lone window emitted an eerie sort of morning glow.

The light wasn't quite golden or yellow, but it sure was bright enough to wake up Ana.

She didn't remember much of last night after Alicia went to bed, but last she knew she was sitting on the couch in the main room of the Hughes apartment...

So how did she get...here?

"Here" was a twin sized bed to the left of another twin sized bed where a familiar head of blonde hair lay sleeping. The room was quite plain, cream walls, one window, a table with two chairs, and a door to which Ana assumed was to a bathroom.

Alphonse was no where to be seen.

Ana was now sitting up in bed, rubbing her sleepy eyes. For some reason her gaze kept landing on the blonde.

He was on his back, the covers only resting on his lower half and his hand slightly riding up his shirt. His blonde hair (unbranded for once) sprawled out behind his head in a golden sort of halo.

He looks so peaceful while he's sleeping. Like all the lines of coming-of-age too early just...disappeared.

I wish I could do that.

Ana noticed, looking the boy, how young he actually is.

Not much older than me, maybe?
And he had to man up so fast.
Though this world is beautiful, it is still cruel.

Ana was still in her clothes she got from the military, and they didn't fit her well. The cotton was contesting and the pants were too long on her.

She hadn't showered in days.
16 year olds need their hygiene!!

But in the middle of her thoughts, the click of a door opening brought her back to reality. She quickly dug into her covers, trying her hardest to appear asleep.

The creak of metal on metal led Ana to assume that the person was in fact Alphonse that entered the apartment. Alphonse made his way past Ana as quietly as he could and then came upon Ed.

Alphonse shook his brother awake. "Brother, it's morning, get up. I have bagels."

Ed groggily sat up on Al's call.

"Hey, Al. What's up?" Ed spoke softly.

"I got some bagels for you and Ana on my walk. Breakfast."

Ed smiled. "Thanks, Al."

Meanwhile, Ana was still pretending to be asleep, though she heard the rustlin of sheets and the light potter patter of human feet making their way toward her.

Edward shook Ana's shoulder a bit.
"Hey, it's morning. Al brought breakfast." Ed whispered to her.

Ana rubbed her eyes once again, because she had almost dozed off while pretending to be asleep.

"Good morning," each brother said to Ana.

"Morning ." She replied back.

Alphonse decided to go look for some cat he met on his walk this morning and left the two to get ready for the day.