37

LANE

I was in heaven. Of this I had no doubt.

I had never been one to really think much of the afterlife, of what was to come after we died, or of the merits or truths to heaven and hell. I was not religious by any means, although I probably knew a freakish amount of religious factoids and random history from hours of the History channel and the like. I never really went to church except for the occasional funeral, or even a Christening once.

Of course, I had heard various versions of what may be waiting for us on the other side. I wasn't one of those people who considered what heaven would be like, if it was fluffy clouds and sunshine all the time, or a world where everyone was twenty years old, happy, and blissful. We would meet up with our relatives, all the ones we lost, the ones we never knew. Friends would come back, and the six degrees of separation would be true to a fault.

But no matter what heaven may or may not be like, I was certain it was nothing in comparison to this. Because no fluffy clouds, sunshine and bliss could beat a warm bath, mounds of bubbles, and a sexy ass British boy sitting across from me.

I was still completely amazed at where I was at the moment. Never in a million years had I ever considered any possibility, any life in which I would be laying in a bathtub in the Ritz, in a suite covered in candles and rose petals, with Harry across from me.

Thinking back to first coming in to the room, of seeing what he had arranged, I was thrown. He had done so much, and it was honestly the most incredible thing anyone had ever done for me. I knew he was still learning the paths of a relationship, still learning how to work as a couple, and also what was expected of him in his role. And because of that, I never expected anything like this. I never thought he would go to these lengths; not because he wasn't sweet and romantic, but because he had never had to be.

What was funnier still, was his reaction to my reaction. I hadn't planned on crying, or on being quite as emotional as I was. But I was so shocked, I just couldn't stop the tears. Of course, my display seemed to scare the shit out of Harry, who immediately thought he had made a mistake. His uncertainty and apologies was hilarious and even more endearing, and even though I didn't think it was possible, I loved him more.

After calming me down, he lead me into the bathroom, where more candles, roses and scents awaited us. I watched in silence as he filled the bath, cursing once as he left the hot water on too strong, scalding himself, then cursing again when he got bath oil on his trousers. It was again endearing and humorous to watch him preparing a romantic bath for two in the massive tub, but the charge quickly changed as he turned to me, his eyes intent. He said nothing as he approached me, like a cat stalking a mouse. Taking my shoulders, he turned me away from him, before grasping the zipper on my dress, and sliding it down slowly. It pooled at my feet, leaving me in nothing but my black lace panties and heels. Harry held my hand as I stepped out of the discarded dress, his eyes raking over me as I stood in the bathroom. He made a low rumble deep in his chest, before pulling me to him and kissing me deeply.

I molded against him, melting under his touch, as his hands slid down my arms, to my waist, hooking in my panties. Slowly, he lowered himself down my body, leaving a trail of kisses as he stripped me bare. Level with my middle, he gazed up at me, a sly smirk on his lips, before kissing just above my pelvis.

I almost combusted.

He stripped himself slowly, as if he was putting on a show for me. For a man who was previously so hindered by his self image, he seemed so at ease with me now. So completely unguarded and relaxed, it made me feel the same.

We climbed into the bath, me with my back at one end, him with his back at the other, our legs tangling together. I slid down into the water, sighing with relief that made him laugh.